new strategy to succeed with new-year resolution.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boomchakabowwow

Reaction score
hahahah..no, I didn't join a gym.

resolutions suck. we all know it. so I did something different. I started early to make it just a plain old, garden variety GOAL.

I am learning Spanish.
and I am jogging daily. I run at 4:00 AM, in order to get to work on time. the added element of waking up to get it done has made it especially rewarding.

I grew up fluent in Spanish, because the neighborhood ladies would speak to me. my mom/dad spoke Cantonese. so I was a badass trilingual child. now I am kinda lame in language. trying to get a bit of the old me back. my Cantonese has atrophied, but I can hang in a restaurant. picking up Mandarin from the wife. my mouth can make those difficult pronunciations...my mind is a mess. haha..

2024 is here folks. LET DO THIS!! goooo.

Here are some worthy resolutions. I told my boss to just load these into our 2024 performance goals...
1704897422446.png

My strategy is NOT to have a new years resolution....cannot fail it ;-)

(I strongly believe in doing stuff NOW when the intrinsic motivation is there)

If I have to wait until New Year to make a change in my life, I need to do something more substantial than making New Year’s resolutions…

:dancingchicken:
Just keep walking. Since new year uped my fittness walks. Not.just walking around punchbowl 4 streets from freeway to base of punchbowl two blocks each steep uphill.
First Pele Street from the top looking down two blocks. Three sets of stairs 88, 30, 32. Alapie street is 88 one block where road ends before freeway.
is long set of stairs.
Take two steps at a time. It's great for hiking up steep slopes streathens your quads. Gets your heart & lungs going. Try climbing long set of stairs quickly two at a time you will see what I mean. Going downhill rest take it easy
Interval training is good for the heart. Instead of pushing all the way. Second set of 30 stairs near the top steps taller must step higher to go two at a time. Top of Emerson Street at foot of Punchbowl crater. Always liked climbing on a bicycle or hiking. As get older got to keep moving as long as possible. I will never have 30 resting heart rate or be able to hold my breath under water long periods of time like when was when much younger. Really enjoy the tribal group of hikers go with out in nature. These fitness walks help keeping up on challenging hikes.

20240208_123531.jpg

20240208_121733.jpg
20240208_123626.jpg
20240208_120437.jpg

Back