New Tetsujin line?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Naohito and “Tetsu” are posting pictures to their IG account about a new prototype Konosuke Tetsujin. Any news about this?
A4DA2C03-32B4-48D7-950E-22D94554DE2D.png

it just say Tetsujin Saku. Tetsujin is a collab between Toru Tamura and Naohito Myojin. They make Sakai Kikumori Tomoshibi line and they also have a line with H&K (Big japan kitchen knife distributor who supply to most major Retailer that we buy from)

konosuke was explicit about the tetsujin being a collaboration between myojin and his buddy iirc.

they do stuff together. sometimes under the ‘ironman’ moniker. sometimes for others. sometimes as ‘themselves’.

right?

konosuke was explicit about the tetsujin being a collaboration between myojin and his buddy iirc.

they do stuff together. sometimes under the ‘ironman’ moniker. sometimes for others. sometimes as ‘themselves’.

right?

That was my assumption. They have an IG account called tetsujin_labo which is their own and not Konosuke's.

Looks like H&K

Interesting that those knives DONT have the kanji from the pic I shared.

From what I understand (this is second hand information) is that “Tetsu” is held in very high regard in Japan, but hadn’t released anything to the western market until he teamed with Konosuke and their current Fujiyama sharpener.

So I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a Konosuke version of this knife and one that’s only sold out in their neck of the woods?

Pure conjecture, but a great find by @superworrier

yeah. been following myojin and was pointed in that direction by him. tasty looking blades indeed.

They’re both great dudes it seems. They constantly interact with us users all the time. Same with Takada no Hamono. Master Takada has even given me pointers on polishing the really hard cladding on Yoshikazu Tanaka forged knives!

To add further confusion, this collaboration between Myojin and Tooru seems pretty firmly established. On this thread here a poster was inquiring about Myojin’s first range as a smith rather than a sharpener. These seem to be stamped SG2 blades and the endlessly informed @KenHash was quick to query the association of “Myojin Hamono’ with this range on The Real Sharp Knife website - to use Ken’s words the names already belonged to a ‘Tosa knifemaker going back 80 years located in Kochi Prefecture. The current blacksmith Takeshi Myojin is the 3rd generation and with 15 years in the business.’

Soon after that I spotted the mention of Myojin Riki Seisakusho on another website (Cutting Edge Knives) for the first time, replacing an earlier attribution to Myojin Hamono too

Tamura Tooru does seem to be at the suspiciously renamed Myojin Riki Seisakusho as the main smith. Tooru’s apparently producing the single bevelled Shirasagi range for Hatsukokoro, but I can’t help feel that more Myojin collabs are likely on the cards given the name.

Or I may be putting 2+2 together wrongly….

Try messaging H&K or those Hong Kong retailers they might be able to get you those blades. Me myself got the Tetsujin Rentetsu (wrought iron) cladded K-tip yanagiba; should be arriving in a few weeks 😁
Any update? Would love to see it

Looks like CKTG and MeesterSlijpers has some of the rentetsu metal flow for a premium over the Kono Tetsujin, but this one should have much more prominent banding.

Last edited:
Any update? Would love to see it

Looks like CKTG and MeesterSlijpers has some of the rentetsu (metal flow) for a premium over the Kono Tetsujin, but this one should have much more prominent banding.

Haha yeah I got my rentetsu yanagi a while ago. Here’s how it looks:

589B3A9E-DA97-4510-A5DC-932388F631DD.jpeg
EAC5ABA6-F7B2-40D3-B8DB-6B712B5F8E55.jpeg
5A5A57D5-77BA-4987-8E86-03CF1940C7B3.jpeg

And I’ve decided to polishing the blade with natural stones:

By the way I’ve asked tetsujin about it and he told me that this is the only one that is actually forged out of rentetsu so far. He happened to have a piece of rentetsu lying around so he made it just for fun 😂.

Those recent ones with flow line from tetsujin aren’t actually made out of rentetsu. Those are claddings that they made in-house. They even posted once to clarify because many seems to confuse it as rentetsu.
7210FD1A-5C25-4C04-9CDF-63F90AACD955.jpeg

The flow pattern on the cladding looks very similar to the ones from Nigara… and since myojin has partnered with Nigara before, my guess is they got the cladding steel from from Nigara instead. Just my guess, can’t be sure though.

I was looking at these. Many thanks to those who bought them before I had the opportunity to buy a beautiful knife that I didn't really need 😇
I took the sacrifice. I have like 7-8 gyuto that I love and yet my stupid brain decided to get this one. You're welcome 😁

Back