• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Withdrawn Ohira Uchigumori

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OkayMode

Days since last rant: 0
Reaction score
£450
  • 185 x 65 x 45-41mm
  • 1286g
  • I bought this from Ed, who originally bought it from Nutmeg.
  • Absolute mud bath of a stone, with surprisingly good speed for an Uchi that can easily convert scratches from 3k synthetic stones. I love this stone for how quickly it cleans up core steel, completely removing visible scratches from a synth progression and setting a blank canvas for a finer Jnat progression.
  • Extremely easy to use and excels with honyaki or pre-poilshing.
  • Hardened steel turns a totally matte white with some lovely iridescence and sparkle. Will leave a faint scratch pattern on some soft iron, but not on all. Loads of contrast on san mai.
  • The lines aren’t toxic, but there are three spots at one end that can be felt when you run your finger over them (shown in the video below). They don't scratch though.
  • Like many Uchi, occasionally it will spit out a rogue coarse particle, but nothing requiring you to drop back down to a coarser stone.
  • Sealed.

Last edited:
Yeah so I’m reconsidering letting this one go fairly rapidly - I’d like an aircraft carrier size uchi one day, but the speed and contrast you can get with this is wild.

Get it whilst it’s hot.

Back