• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Ohishi PM Dama Western Gyuto 240

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

@ftermath

Reaction score
Light use in a home environment. Sharpened. 239x49mm. Great fit and finish. Excellent condition. Most sites list this as PM but if I recall correctly in my research, it’s specifically R2/SG2. I can’t find the reference that got me there so please correct me if I’m wrong.

I recently went on a tear trying to find a western handle for my daily knife. Of all the knives I tried, this was my favorite because of overall profile, edge profile, handle size and shape, weight, and the fact that the balance point was slightly forward of the bolster rather than right on the bolster like all the other westerns I purchased. Unfortunately, while it does have some mild convexity, I prefer more and just can’t seem to find what I’m looking for in a western.

Asking $280 shipped CONUS.
54CFF860-548D-419A-AA75-F2141D954E1A.jpeg
3E3ECFBF-BDCF-4C84-B931-F9D8D43BB919.jpeg

Last edited:
I was eyeing this one too on Ai and Om to try to satiate my western craze lately too. You’re right, it’s so hard to find a decently priced western daily that isn’t a laser.

GLWS
Thanks. That’s where this one came from so if you have any questions, let me know. It does have some heft to it and is very stiff. Definitely not a laser.

Just received this beauty like 15 minutes ago right before I left for work. Tried to paper test and went very good. Good heft to it, haven't weight it but I'm guessing 210 to 220g? Thanks aftermath.

Yeah, that’s my favorite of all the western production knives I’ve tried to date. I didn’t quite get the edge I wanted on it but didn’t want to sharpen it too much if I was selling. I think it’s a little over 220g but forget exactly. I hope you enjoy it! Thanks again.

Back