• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Okubo Kajiya 215mm Aogami #2 gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey folks, selling this slightly less common gyuto from Okubo Kajiya made from Blue #2, iron clad. Great knife for the price, and really nice edge taking ability. This would be a great blade for someone who wants excellent steel and a less expensive blade to play around with, whether that be edge work, polishing, thinning, etc. I slightly rounded spine and choil, so it's comfortable as-is. It's got a grind similar to a Toyama/Watanabe, but a bit more distal taper and thus feels a little lighter in hand and in use. Thins out nicely at the tip. Sharpened once by me, and I am the original owner. Great patina is starting.
Specs and photos below. Asking $210 CONUS and $250 Int'l.

Aogami #2, iron cladHo wood octogonal and Horn174 grams50mm at heel215mm blade367mm OAL
IMG_6867.jpg
IMG_6868.jpg
IMG_6869.jpg
IMG_6870.jpg
IMG_6871.jpg
IMG_6872.jpg
IMG_6873.jpg

Back