Opinion on Fujiwara FKH

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a 270 gyuto. Super easy to sharpen, super tough, stable petina, but boy she was the stickiest thing I have ever owned.

I had a 270 gyuto. Super easy to sharpen, super tough, stable petina, but boy she was the stickiest thing I have ever owned.

Strange, the heavy asymmetry should contribute to food release, I would say. And keeping the patina smooth is simple. Have you altered its geometry?

Strange, the heavy asymmetry should contribute to food release, I would say. And keeping the patina smooth is simple. Have you altered its geometry?

This was my second j knife. Long gone. And no I did not. I really did love that knife. Took a beautiful stable patina that didn't stink. But for potatoes and so on it was useless. Anyone else expiereince this?

This was my second j knife. Long gone. And no I did not. I really did love that knife. Took a beautiful stable patina that didn't stink. But for potatoes and so on it was useless. Anyone else expiereince this?

I had that issue with my FKM, FKH and Suisin Western. The potatoes did not get stuck, they were welded to the blade. I have or have had other thin knives that did not exhibit the same issue, or rather not to the same extent.

Second thought: I realise I had to adapt my technique a bit two years ago after having developped arthritis in my right thumb. I now pull where I pushed before and haven't seen that sticking since. Just tried the old way with hard potatoes from the fridge, and indeed noticed the sticking you're referring to.

I had one of these and eventually gave it to a friend, but I was really impressed with the fit and finish for the price, considering that for a similar price, Tojiro can never seem to fit their handle scales properly.

Back