Opinions on Yu Kurosaki Santoku-Knives or suggestions

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Edo Thought you’d get a kick out of this chef using a Yu Kurosaki - looks like a Fujin VG10 maybe 240mm, around the 2:00 mark. I just ordered a Fujin AS 210mm for myself, too. This chef has a one michelin star restaurant in London, I believe.

Thank you @Delat !! Nice video yes you are right !
Very cool! I will buy it in the future for sure, in the meantime I bought the one from his brother Makoto which was cheaper.

I just wanted to say thank you to all of you for the time to give me your personal approach and helping me buying my first knife.

I finally decided by the Makoto Kurosaki VG-10 cheaper than Fujin. Then I could also buy a Hinoki Board Miyabi for 60€ (35 x 20 x 3 cm).
I also bought the Rober Herder Santoku and the stone king 800/6000 to learn sharpening.

I am very happy with the Makoto Kurosaki knife santoku, perfect!, very sharp, well balanced, weight is great, very comfortable to use. Aesthetically great. I didn’t find it thin and as chopping is not my manner to cut I am very happy.

Same as in your video @Delat , food retention is considerable. But I can deal with it.

So, thank you all of you again.

Attachments

• D9367DF1-9369-4A80-9377-BA57061FEC73.jpeg
    D9367DF1-9369-4A80-9377-BA57061FEC73.jpeg
    80 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_5937.MP4
    1.9 MB
  • IMG_5937.MP4
    1.9 MB
  • IMG_5783.MOV
    9.5 MB
Last edited:
Nice choice, Makoto has a very solid rep. Happy to hear you’re enjoying it. Pop over to the sharpening forum if you have any questions about how to keep it sharp.

Reactions: Edo
Back