Petty help.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

Ucmd

Reaction score
I am looking for a great petty and came across this....SHIGEFUSA Wa Petty Kitaejj 6inch (150mm) Blade Knife.

Anyone have a shig petty? What is your favorite petty and why.

wenus2

Founding Member
Reaction score
I don't have one, but yeah, that will prolly work. lol

Lefty

Canada's Sharpest Lefty
Founding Member
Reaction score
That's kind of like asking, "Hey guys, I'm looking for a present for my wife. Will a diamond be good...I mean do girls like diamonds?" :p

EdipisReks

Reaction score
i don't have a Shig petty, but i love my Shig gyuto. are you sure it's actually in stock where you found it?

Andrew H

The alleles created by mutation may be beneficial
Founding Member
Reaction score
That's kind of like asking, "Hey guys, I'm looking for a present for my wife. Will a diamond be good...I mean do girls like diamonds?" :p
I'm just worried the diamond might be, I don't know, too big. :sad0:

oivind_dahle

Banned
Reaction score
My fav petty of all time:
http://epicureanedge.com/shopexd.asp?id=88201

That said, if your GF is a person that could leave a knife wet I will not recommend going shigefusa. Its also a highly reactive knife, and it will get patina. Lots of girls thinks patina look unsanitary. I also like the carter funyaki for girls, they love em and they are cladded.

Pensacola Tiger

Founding Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am looking for a great petty and came across this....SHIGEFUSA Wa Petty Kitaejj 6inch (150mm) Blade Knife.

Anyone have a shig petty? What is your favorite petty and why.
If you decide that you want one, and can't find one in stock (very likely) send a PM to DrNaka on this forum, or through his website, Hide's Export - http://hides-export.blogspot.com/.

Instead of waiting a year, he can probably get one in less than half the time, for essentailly the same cost.

Ucmd

Reaction score
thanks for the info. ill look at carter.

tk59

Founding Member
Reaction score
:rofl2:
My wife LOVES "her" Heiji 150 petty...