Pocket knife to kitchen knife

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

salav8

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

As a child I loved seeing the pocket knives in the display cases of locksmith stalls that were common in Australia 20 years ago. I've been carrying a pocket knife daily since moving to the US (Australian laws forbid carrying of pocket knives). Naturally, I've developed a deep interest in kitchen knives recently as I use a kitchen knife more often than an edc knife. I hope this new journey and interest will be fruitful and cant wait to be part of the community.

Thanks!

Welcome. Which EDC knife is your current favorite?

If you still desire the knives of your native land, the forum's Aussies can point you to suitable Australian knife-makers.

welcome.

you will love it here. I started with pocket knives myself, but a growing love for cooking brought me here, and now Im obsessed with stones and carbon 😬

I EDC folders - I have a modest collection of Spyderco knives. Recently I got into Japanese kitchen knives. I use the kitchen knives almost daily, while I carry the folders mostly. I also find that I like a variety of steels in the folders, but I'm enamored with san-mai carbon in the Japanese kitchen knives. It might be all in my head, but I feel a difference in cutting with shirogami or aogami versus any stainless steel.

I EDC folders - I have a modest collection of Spyderco knives. Recently I got into Japanese kitchen knives. I use the kitchen knives almost daily, while I carry the folders mostly. I also find that I like a variety of steels in the folders, but I'm enamored with san-mai carbon in the Japanese kitchen knives. It might be all in my head, but I feel a difference in cutting with shirogami or aogami versus any stainless steel.
I don't know about Hitachi Aogami, but I do believe they make EDC knives of Takefu V-Toku.

Back