Post your pets!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B8hteYY.jpg

My Alaskan Malamutes, 3yr old male in the front, and 22mth old female behind.
Currently running around 14km a day for exercise. (9 miles)

B8hteYY.jpg
My Alaskan Malamutes, 3yr old male in the front, and 22mth old female behind. Currently running around 14km a day for exercise. (9 miles)
Gorgeous....love alaskans.

This is an old pic of my dawgs. Vidalia is my ferocious Pit Bull and Georgia(R.I.P.) is my English Bulldog. Had to put Georgia down a few weeks ago at the ripe old age of 13. Not too shabby considering the average life expectancy of the breed is 8 years. Stinkiest farts on the planet. I miss her, but my house smells a lot better.
Animals6_zps122bb844.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Vidalia is very sweet...was happy to hang out with her tonight. Sorry about Georgia, it's like losing a friend sometimes.

I live in apartment that doesn't allow cats or dogs, but I do have a pet electric blue lobster! His name is George. He's eating his molted arm in this picture. He will eat anything in his aquarium... Including more expensive fish. I don't think he's grasped the idea of currency yet.

image_zps046fa8d4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

oh blue lobster, those are pretty rare. one in 2 million are blue.

[video=youtube;5lFjpBC6lTw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lFjpBC6lTw&feature=c4-overview&list=UUlR6AV0ou1p83ziFAEcBWtw[/video]

601249_10151052870935572_1818330363_n.jpg

This is an old pic of my dawgs. Vidalia is my ferocious Pit Bull and Georgia(R.I.P.) is my English Bulldog. Had to put Georgia down a few weeks ago at the ripe old age of 13. Not too shabby considering the average life expectancy of the breed is 8 years. Stinkiest farts on the planet. I miss her, but my house smells a lot better.
Animals6_zps122bb844.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Vidalia looks a lot like Kerby.
7-5.jpg

Yeah Mark, I posted something about that a long time ago after seeing some random Kirby pics. I smell a cross-country dog KKF love connection. Maybe they can video-chat or bark or something some day.
Vidalia has a nice invisible fence collar like that too.

DSC_0013.jpgDSC_0009.jpg

This is Miss Maple, a rescue from the Guilford County, NC animal shelter. I got her at 3 1/2 months old and the shelter workers and her Vet all say she is a Golden Retriever, German Shepherd mix. I just call her a Golden Shepherd. Whatever she is, she is my constant companion and the designated shop greeter.

I did Google Carolina dog. Maple is a little heavier at 52 pounds, longer fur, the photo was after a summer trim and the tail doesn't have the crook to it. Who knows, maybe she is a Carolina dog with something else mixed in. Thanks Salty!

My first puppy!, got her a week ago. her name is Bella and she is a teacup Pomeranian

IMG_0128.jpgIMG_0132.jpg

Beautiful Bullmastiff. My daughter lost her 9 yr. old brindle just 6 months ago. What a great dog!

Beautiful Bullmastiff. My daughter lost her 9 yr. old brindle just 6 months ago. What a great dog!

Oh thanks for that. He's actually not a bullmastiff. He's a cane corso. Mastiffs generally make great dogs but as you already know they don't have the longest lifespan. The bigger they are... :(

Wow, I know dogs pretty well, so I'm surprised. The fawn color, along with the uncropped ears, fooled me good. The Bullmastiff can be quite gentle. I've heard the Cane Corso can be a handful if you don't start early.

I once read that in the time that a 20 year old person can swat the buzzer to answer the game show question a dog could bite you five times. Abby is really good with short hop and line drives to the nose.

View attachment 17904

View attachment 17905

Wow, I know dogs pretty well, so I'm surprised. The fawn color, along with the uncropped ears, fooled me good. The Bullmastiff can be quite gentle. I've heard the Cane Corso can be a handful if you don't start early.

You are right indeed but there is a good explanation. Cane Corso were saved from extinction in 1988 so their working instincts remain largely intact. A lot of working breeds we see in the pet trade have had a lot of their working instincts bred out of them to make for more suitable household pets. Secondly, there are two distinct cane corse; Italian and American. The Italian reamins largely stable with characteristics you will find described for the breed. The American version was created due to the exorbitant cost of importing dogs for the pet trade. It is basically a dog that looks like the cane corso Italiano but when you get in terms of temperament is a bit of a gamble. Not to say that they don't make fine dogs. They can and do but more often than not they have severe health and or temperament issues.

I spend 24/7 with my dog and he is the 3rd which I have imported from Italy. I can say without question that you need to be an experienced and strong owner for this breed and you have to have time to work them at least a couple of hours a day for most of their life. If you don't want to be a leader or you want to leave them home without exercise all day it's gonna be trouble for sure. Kind of scares me when people buy a breed for the look.

I spend 24/7 with my dog and he is the 3rd which I have imported from Italy. I can say without question that you need to be an experienced and strong owner for this breed and you have to have time to work them at least a couple of hours a day for most of their life. If you don't want to be a leader or you want to leave them home without exercise all day it's gonna be trouble for sure. Kind of scares me when people buy a breed for the look.

Yes. These dogs can be very dangerous when not handled properly. The scary part is that it seems like the idiots who used to buy exotic pets like Tigers and such, have turned their attention to "exotic" dog breeds, of which the Cane Corso is only one. I've worked with a lot of problem dogs over the years. It took me almost two years to bring an Anatolian Shepherd to the point where I thought he was safe to be around. Part of the problem here lies in that a Cane Corso LOOKS like he could mean trouble. Anatolians generally look like a big, friendly retriever with a curly tail. They are NOTGolden retrievers. lol

Back