• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD PRICE DROP Mike Shindel / Blade & Hammer 11“ Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thirsty0ne

Reaction score
You dont see Mike‘s work often on the secondary market, but I will let it go as its just a little too big for me.

This had a little transformation cause the initial bloodwood burl emitted oil that the epoxy didn’t like. After a FaceTime session with Mike, who is a top bloke I sent it back.
He not only made a new handle but also added a fingerrest for my fav pinch grip.

Old look:

https://homebutcher.com/products/blade-and-hammer-11-san-mai-chef-knife?_pos=3&_sid=48e492e8c&_ss=r
State today:

20CBEA0A-EA79-4DB7-B9A7-F5FEF3F95861.jpeg9A442531-6753-42A5-9F40-65428875A369.jpegE6D01C84-B11B-4B78-8346-DBD05DCB77FF.jpeg34656B0E-1849-4E28-9D76-5CDA3D85811D.jpeg0FC56A94-B84A-447E-90F0-2A8D0003296F.jpeg

For better performance I also send it to Mr. Schanz, some may have heard of him.

https://www.schanz-messer.de/
Thats why the makers mark is missing now but I am sure Mike would put a new one on if you reach out to him. There was no etch after handsanding, the core lines are from usage.

This made quite a journey and there was money spent, I am seeking 425$ incl. worldwide / 350€ incl. EU wide shipping. I am not sure but I believe if it goes back to the states there should be no tax duties as they are all paid and its returning to origin…

Any questions just ask!

Cheers
P.

Last edited:
No love for Mike? Give him a try you wont regret it… ;)

Price drop, price is now INCLUDING worldwide shipping. Open for reasonable offers as well.

I really have too many knives here….

Bump with lowered price and even shipping included.

Could also think about a package deal together with my Zakharov as both are too big for me.

Step up ;)

What’s wrong with you guys? 😂

Might consider a cheeky offer at this point so wait no longer…

Latest posts

Back