• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Price drop: Two sets of hard tomo nagura for bevel polishing or razor honing

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattattnet

Reaction score
Here are a couple of sets of hard tomo nagura.

Buyer to pay shipping.

SOLD 1) Set of 4 packaged Kyoto stamped tomo nagura, 9, 12, 15, and 24 mm thick. Total weight of set 390 gm. Asking $60 $40, buyer to pay shipping.

I cannot remember the source of these tomo, but purchased as the progressive thickness set. They are in cellophane wrap, have never been used and I cannot access hardness or particle size of slurry. One edge is rounded to be used as the rubbing side, I presume.

IMG_0315.jpegIMG_0316.jpegIMG_0318.jpeg

Last edited:
SOLD 2) Three hard tomo nagura, for final razor honing slurries. Total weight 460 gm. Asking $50, buyer to pay shipping. SOLD

Level 4.5-5+ tomo nagura. Norutaki Irimono is 4.5, smooth and polishes nicely. Nakayama Asagi is a bit harder, breaks down slowly, but polishes well. Oozuku is super hard to release slurry mainly from base stone.

IMG_0323.jpegIMG_0325.jpeg

Last edited:
Price adjustment:

1) Set of 4 packaged Kyoto stamped tomo nagura, 9, 12, 15, and 24 mm thick. Total weight of set 390 gm. Asking $60 $50, buyer to pay shipping.

Price adjustment:

1) Set of 4 packaged Kyoto stamped tomo nagura, 9, 12, 15, and 24 mm thick. Total weight of set 390 gm. Asking $60 $40, buyer to pay shipping.

Last edited:
Back