Project Gallery

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1502577439.142941.jpg

ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1502577534.183795.jpg

View attachment 36549

Love that burl 😀 stunning piece of timber that really suits your handle design perfectly.

What we have here ? 8 pounds of goodness ..: and what do you think it's going to be ?
ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1504093886.597600.jpg

Thank god I have exhausted my knife fund for a while... otherwise I feel that the result of this could have out me in debt (jewellery debt to my wife that is) for the next decade 😂😂

Thank god I have exhausted my knife fund for a while... otherwise I feel that the result of this could have out me in debt (jewellery debt to my wife that is) for the next decade [emoji23][emoji23]

Tamahagane translates into jewel steel , I know why now ha ha

R2 San mai Damascus paring to go with the custom gyuto in same steel and honyaki blue suji all in Honduras rosewood burl handles , they will get matching cocobolo sayas as well , someone is building a Serious collection of my knives here in down under

ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1504767808.042410.jpg

ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1504767858.691498.jpg

ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1504767896.264368.jpg

ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1504767934.592167.jpg

Spectacular Mert.

Want.

What's the configuration of the handle? Two sided D?

BTW, nasty looking slash on your finger... ouch.

Spectacular Mert.

Want.

What's the configuration of the handle? Two sided D?

BTW, nasty looking slash on your finger... ouch.

Thanks Phil , it is semi octagonal handle . Disc grinder bit me with 120 grit , not the pretties

Must have been asleep at the wheel and missed the gyuto & suji you posted, but that petty is drop-dead gorgeous! Great union of blade, bolster and handle... Wow!

Thanks Marek , the gyuto was purchased at the show and the suji is not finished yet but close

Back