question for android experts

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i just bought a new phone due to arrive next week. going from a LG V30 to a Samsung S10. how do i transfer all content over to the samsung? ive already installed smart switch app on the LG but some detailed instructions would be nice.

i am not a power user and only know basics, any new features i need to know about? for example i will need to adjust to the fingerprint sensor being on the screen vs on the back of the phone.

i currently use a launcher to make my home screen look like windows phone OS, can i also do that on the new one or am i better off trying to learn the new UI? (keep in mind i suck at technology)

all hints, tips, hacks, etc will be appreciated. ive ordered a case and tempered glass screen protector as well so that part is covered.

I'm not really experienced with transferring anything other than what's saved to my Google account. Just signing in and getting everything synced gets you most of the way there. Yes you can use the launcher as long as there isn't any weird incompatibilities. Good luck with everything else lol.

I'm a long time Android user - Samsung for the most part. But I didn't even understand the questions...

Verizon content transfer always worked for me when I had android. You don’t even need to be a Verizon user. Transfers everything

so my phone got lost in the mail (which already had red flags since the ebay seller took a week to ship it out with no communication) but a i got a refund and purchased a replacement due to arrive later this week.

Verizon content transfer always worked for me when I had android. You don’t even need to be a Verizon user. Transfers everything

I haven't tried it myself but when researching for a new phone, this is the advice that I found too.

Panda, I have an s10 it’s a great phone. Samsung has a transfer app that works perfectly. I went from a Sony phone to Samsung, used the app and everything transferred without hitch. Enjoy.

Hate my curved screen, cannot get a screen protector on it and now all scratched :(
Have read you can remove scratches with magic eraser

Original Andorid backup functionality is pretty good. It transfers almost everything. you just need to activate it in the settings and then we setting new phone for the first time it asks you if you want to sue the backup.
Also SmartSwitch is good and easy to use.
Both do not need any real instructions as they are so simple.

I am also a long time user of Galaxy phones and they are amazing! Bullet proof. My youngest kid is still using Galaxy S3 to play games. It's still going on strong. The first battery lasted 7 years 👍
In the mean time I change a lot of them, S3, S6, S8, S10 now S20 (no, I am not nuts, they are just changing hands, first my wife gets it when I buy new one, then first kid gets one from her, then second kids gets it from first 😁) . I never had an issue with any of them. Amazing!!!

I never use scree protector, no real need for it. The Gorilla glass is doing a good job and I have only some minor scratches on the screen. But I take care that I am not putting it in same pocket with keys.

And I must also say I do not like the curved screen. My biggest issue is that if you use it outdoors on sunny day there is no way to avoid sun reflecting from the edge no matter on which angle you hold it.

Last edited:
I switched from an iPhone 6S to a Galaxy S9+ about two years ago. I transferred all my photos manually using Android File Transfer desktop app. I synched all my contacts with my Google account so when I logged into my Google account on the phone, I was able to transfer all my contacts.

I installed the whitestone tempered glass protector, fits perfectly. But the fingerprint scanner doesn't work as well as the LG one.

One of the only things I liked more on my LG than my galaxy, I stopped trying to use the fingerprint reader in the first week. Doesn't help working in the kitchen where my prints are partially burned off most of the time anyway.

One of the only things I liked more on my LG than my galaxy, I stopped trying to use the fingerprint reader in the first week. Doesn't help working in the kitchen where my prints are partially burned off most of the time anyway.
Heh, I have a hard time with DOJ/FBI background checks... I swear they can only get the fingerprint after the 4th try...

I find the curved edge on the Galaxy S series not so great. It's cool looking but makes texting kind of pain.

Latest posts

Back