• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Rader Integral Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mc2442

KKF Supporting Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
I love this knife, love using it but I don't grab for it often. I have been evaluating what knives I use and which I take more of a pride of ownership vs. use. Anyway, this has seen light use, touched up the edge but no real sharpening. And you have to love the gorgeous handles and overall craftmanship. It is hard to capture the subtle patten on the blade.

This was from Michael: Blade is a laminate with 52100 core and high-carbon steel sides/bolster (a new experiment for me - you'll see a little surprise as it begins to patina.)

228x55mm, 224 grams "multi wood Koa handle" Let me know what I have left out.

Asking $1500

IMG_2469.JPEG
IMG_2468.JPEG
IMG_2467.JPEG
IMG_2466.JPEG
IMG_2465.JPEG
IMG_2464.JPEG
IMG_2463.JPEG
IMG_2462.JPEG

Last edited:
The ‘pride of ownership vs. use’ is a hard thing to face - I’ve been there myself many times.

I’ll add that I really like how my Rader performs, very similar size and profile. Solid midweight - cuts easily, releases fairly nicely, strikes a really nice balance between easy cutting and not feeling too dainty.

I don’t know how true this is, so take it with a grain of salt. I don’t think he’s doing the ladder style handle (much?) anymore/at the moment. Plus, that koa is a really nice example. They aren’t always that nice.

Captain, completely agree with your comments. Love this knife but decided to move on. I think $300-600 is probably my wheelhouse....with outliers of course.
With a couple exceptions, same here. Honestly $250-400 for me.
There’s a couple higher end makers I’ve met and connected with whose work I’ll always hang onto though.

Back