Razor identification help.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PierreRodrigue

Reaction score
I was wondering if any of you fine razor nuts could help me out with this one. A local friend said he recently acquired it, and asked if I could touch it up for him.
It looks like the scales are horn, it is a 4/8 full hollow. Best as I can tell. It is actually a bit higher than a 1/2 inch, closer to 9/16"

Thanks in advance! IMG_00000002.jpg

Never seen it before but I like it :) Although a 4/8 would sit in a box, they bug me :p But you gotta love a razor called Mouse :p

My first guess would be that the stamp is a secondary sales mark. Lots of razors where made for individual outlets and stamped with the stores name. I say this only because an address is given more so than a maker and contry of origen.

The "address" is just around the corner from Windsor castle. Safe to assume Sheffield steel? Any guess as to year?
clapham.jpg

Man, I wish I could help....
Once this is solved, I have one for you guys too!

From the hump back tang and slight smile to the blade (SWAG-scientific wild arse guess) I'm thinking turn of the 1900's soon after that razors took on the current "Modern" razor look and this is really close to that.

Latest posts

Back