• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS RDG 207x54mm deep etch damascus clad 52100 gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Illyria

@RyanDGeiger
KKF Supporting Craftsman
Reaction score
Hello!

Here’s the other blade that I had forged out and just recently finished polishing.

52100 core at 63hrc, with wrought iron and 15n20 Damascus cladding that was deep etched. It’s quite thin, but it has a nice sturdy/rigid feel to it.

207x54mm. 166g weight.

Desert ironwood burl handle with just a touch of sapwood, installed with hot glue for ease of removal in the future.

Price is $550 shipped CONUS, or first $30 covered for international orders.

Thanks,
Ryan

IMG_0578.jpeg

IMG_0562.jpeg

IMG_0569.jpeg

IMG_0579.jpeg

IMG_0565.jpeg

IMG_0566.jpeg

IMG_0570.jpeg

IMG_0577.jpeg

Gorgeous. Now pleeeez make a 250.

Haha, I made this batch for myself for home use so they all ended up at the same size. In the end keeping the worst for myself and selling the good ones 😂

Might have found a connect to get some regular forge time in again. If so, I’ll get to making a few longer blades soonish.

Still available! The knife really is quite nice and cuts wonderfully, the with a nice nail flex across the entire edge, but manages to not feel fragile.

Profile and size were just what I wanted for myself, as I had originally planned on keeping it, haha. Perfect for brunoise and detail work, but can also handle bigger tasks.

The patina that forms is really clean and shows some more details in the damascus.

IMG_0634.jpeg

IMG_0642.jpeg

Back