Recent work

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is a beautiful knife, Pierre. Love the profile and the simplicity of the handle. Excellent work as ususal.

DarkhoeK

11 comments before i managed to see any pictures of my own knife. Dang these air born power cables. Just managed to rig a generator to run the Verizon box and fridge.... Still >72 hours before power is expected to be restored.

Either way, spec of shape is as you already figured out to be very close Masamoto KS (which i have only seen on pics) and Carter Funy.
I wanted to try a new steel and choose between RWL and S35VN. The choice fell on the S35 based on my wish to try anstainless which should have good edge retention.

The handle is just how I like it, simple and elegant.

A better report will follow after some testdrives.

Now I just cant wait to try the knife out...

Big thanks to Pierre for humoring my wishes and a job well done!

Ohh and on the sharpening, I believe Pierre promised Dave would sharpen for free for the lifetime of the knife! Right Dave? :jumpy:

A little update on the S35VN pettysuki.
I took it through a "progression" of 1k King, 6k Suehiro and stropped on newsprint. It was surprisingly quick to get a stupid sharp edge. I made a little video on my iphone of the knife slicing papertowel. It's what I was checking my edge with. If I had a tomato, I would've used it to make a decent video, but this should give you an idea of how sharp S35VN can get with very little effort. It IS NOT S30VN, so fear not!
I'm still loving the knife, by the way!
http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc399/Lefty-T/d5c55d53.mp4

Nice knife Pierre. LIm really digging the handle on this one. Im gona have to learn to do Wa handles some day! cool vid to Lefty! looks scary sharp!

Here is a nice clean looking knife, no clutter. I will find its home in Texas, in the hands of the owner of a couple upscale restaurants.

240mm CPM 154, handrubbed at HRC 61

Full distal taper

rounded choil and spine

copper bolsters

Cocobolo scales with mosaic pins.

Thanks for looking.

IMG_3758.jpgIMG_3762.jpgIMG_3759.jpgIMG_3760.jpgIMG_3761.jpg

Where in Texas? I must find this knife!

JK. That would be a KILLER handle for a carbon monosteel knife.

Beautiful work Pierre,love that copper.Is the bolster pinned or soldered.

Great looking knife! I bet it cuts just as great as it looks!

Here is a suji, I did the handle materials a wee bit different, let me know what you think!

270mm CPM 154 Hand rubbed to 600gr.
Rounded choil and spine,
G10 bolsters, white vulcanized spacers on either side of a Stabilized sycamore spacer,
stabilized dyed maple burl, with mosaic pins.
Thanks for looking!

Picture2003.jpgPicture2004.jpgPicture2005.jpgPicture2001.jpg

Great work Pierre! The knives are practically pouring out from Canada now!

What a surprise...it looks amazing, as always!

Lovely work Pierre. love the autumnal colors in the handle.

CPM 154, hand rubbed, stainless bolsters and pins, stabilized spalted maple handle.
Picture2011.jpgPicture2007.jpg

Beautiful. I love these knives but I don't have any use for them. Maybe I shouldn't let that hold me back...

Stefan

Niiiiiice! If I needed a filet knife, you'd be my guy. I guess I can say the same for gyutos, pettys, parers, rescue knives....

Back