Recent work

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
175mm on the nut. From heel to tip. This is some abrasion resistant steel! Wow!

Very cool looking knife, much nicer than my Warther - but they use the same steel, I will try to give it a workout this weekend and check the seel myself :)

Stefan

looks very nice, I am having something similar albeit a bit longer made in the same steel

I should have said being made. I am looking forward to trying this steel

OK, this one is fiished.

175mm Honesuki (Pettysuki :D )

CPM S35VN handrubbed at HRC 61-62

Rounded spine and choil

Horn feurrel, white vulcanized fiber with titanium, mammoth tooth spacers and endcap

Stabilized, dyed, maple burl Wa handle.

Hope he likes it!!

Picture1871.jpg

Picture1870.jpg

Picture1880.jpg

Picture1881.jpg

Great piece! Are these thin white spacers or is that just the light? I find the mammoth tooth a PITA to drill, glad to see that you dared that for the spacer.

Stefan

Wow!!!
Who's the lucky guy getting this masterpiece? :D
I'm glad we(you) just went with it. It looks better and better, every time I look at it!
Thanks for all the hard work on this one, Pierre! It has more than paid off. She's a stunner!

Thanks Øivind!
This one is the gem, and will be hard to top :D

Wow!!!
Who's the lucky guy getting this masterpiece? :D
I'm glad we(you) just went with it. It looks better and better, every time I look at it!
Thanks for all the hard work on this one, Pierre! It has more than paid off. She's a stunner!

Glad you like it!

Great piece! Are these thin white spacers or is that just the light? I find the mammoth tooth a PITA to drill, glad to see that you dared that for the spacer.

Stefan

Thanks again! Yes, white vulcanized fiber spacers. The mammoth and titanium are both a PITA, but I found a way to handle the tooth, and need to get some good carbide bits for the Ti.

That is an amazing piece Pierre. So even before my package of knives arrives, you give me reason to want more. Strong move.

With that said, how did you do the bevel on it? Is it asymmetrical?

k.

Very nice piece, Pierre. I just used a burl like that. At first I thought it was a bit dull looking, but it has grown on me and i like it more every time I look at it. Very nice work with the spacers and the blade and handle work looks stellar as always.

DarKHOeK

Impressive combination of materials

Finish looks superb Pierre...! :biggrin:

I thought I'd add this pic that Pierre sent me. I find this shows the knife's beauty really well.

aed31010.jpg

Sorry for the reposted pic guys! Oops. I didn't notice Pierre put it up with the others.
I got Pierre to do his version of a saya for traveling from place to place, and some added protection, when necessary.
What do you all think of this?

f5e45227.jpg

91ef3b9b.jpg

I think it's a really nice, elegant rendition. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

It's OK I guess, if you're into knives...............................

:tease::groucho:

Hit the forge today, did a sanmai billet, O1 core, 144 layers of 1084 and 15N20 on either side. Also did 2 144 layer billets of 1084 and 15N20, ladder pattern. Also 3 blades hand finished, two with bolsters peened, and a 300 damascus suji ready for handles. Too damn hot to be at the forge, time for beer!!

:thumbsup:
Looking forward to the pics!

Can't wait to see some more...

When the guy in the frozen north says its too hot you know you are in trouble.

It was a beautiful 85 degrees here in Utah today, when my plane lands in Oklahoma tomorrow it will be 107.

Don't you know? Bears don't like heat! :D Anything over 72 F I'm looking for a walk in cooler!

OMG its so nice!

:happy1::happy1::happy1::happy1::happy1:

Back