• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Sakai Kyōmitsu oldstock 195 mm Aogami kamagata usuba

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bought it from a friend who has some contacts in Sakai, should be about 40 years old, maker is unknown, the steel is Aogami, without closer specification. I originally intended to use it for "playing" with naturals, but its a little too nice for it and I also want every single knife to be used and unfortunately, I don't find any reasonable work for this one in the kitchen, among all my gyutos, so that's the reason why I am letting it go...Quite cool and nicely made knife, in my opinion, its in great condition, I did some work only on flattening the kireha (which is 95% done, with about two light low spots left), ura is basically untouched...

Edge length is 195 mm, weight is 200 g, height is 47 mm. And the price is 320 USD shipped (I will cover shipping up to 20 USD which is for instance a standard insured shipping to USA, if there would be a difference, the buyer pays the rest).
P3100492.JPG
P3100506.JPG
P8230337.JPG

More photos of the knife can be seen here: https://rhamphorhynchus.rajce.idnes.cz/Sakai_Kyomitsu_oldstock_195_mm_Aogami_kamagata_usuba

For what it’s worth, I know Krakorak personally and you can buy with confidence from him.

Back