• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Saki Kikumori White #2 Choyo 270MM

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big D

Reaction score
Catch and release from this thread. (with nice photos)
https://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/threads/sakai-kikumori-choyo-white-2-270mm-gyuto.69386/
Dimensions:
Edge Length - 256mm
Height at heel - I am seeing closer to 53mm by ruler, but also difficult to measure. Figure 53 - 53.5?

Received this morning. Opened and test cut newsprint to assess the edge. Set on cutting board to check profile. Then gently rolled the edge on the board to see how it felt. Hits a small flat spot then carries through to an eased heel. Did this few times and decided I do not care for it, so didn't bother to cut anything.

ashy2classy had a dissatisfied customer so I checked with a magnifying glass and there are various scuffs/scratches/dots here and there. (I need a magnifying glass, you will not) Nothing feel able to me, and nothing I personally would consider abnormal from a used knife, and some of which may have come from the store. Stated simply to avoid any unpleasantries.

Selling for $270 PayPal G&S shipping included main continent U.S.A. (Apologies, but my first sale, and do not wish dealing with crossing borders/countries)

Edited to add - has teak handle from original owner.
Saki Kikiumori Choyo White#2 270mm.jpg

Last edited:
Additional photos as requested.
I am unable to feel my finger nail catch on anything. Seeing anything by large is very dependent on how the light catches marks. Photos can only catch a portion at a time, same as looking at it.
1st photo upwards left of the makers stamp. There are others.
2nd photo, streaks from perhaps drying, entire length. Also
shows a longer scuff (?) along with small scratches/marks (?) these will be seen in various places if you look. Everything overall tends to disappear and reappear, as the blade is moved around.

This knife is on temporary hold until further notice.

Attachments

• choyo 2.jpg
    choyo 2.jpg
    292.2 KB · Views: 0
  • choyo 3.jpg
    choyo 3.jpg
    966.4 KB · Views: 0
Additional photos as requested.
I am unable to feel my finger nail catch on anything. Seeing anything by large is very dependent on how the light catches marks. Photos can only catch a portion at a time, same as looking at it.
1st photo upwards left of the makers stamp. There are others.
2nd photo, streaks from perhaps drying, entire length. Also
shows a longer scuff (?) along with small scratches/marks (?) these will be seen in various places if you look. Everything overall tends to disappear and reappear, as the blade is moved around.

This knife is on temporary hold until further notice.
Here's what the knife looks like. It's in very good condition and a bonkers deal at this price. Peeps are so picky these days. SMH.

https://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/threads/sakai-kikumori-choyo-white-2-270mm-gyuto.69386/

Hi every one. This knife is on hold for someone, due to funding, and will undoubtedly be completed. Someone else requested a photo for a specific reason which had nothing to do with cosmetics. Taking the photo, I just decided to do what I did on my own. Nobody is asking about the finish as people are thinking. All is good.
Please let this die out, so the peeps trying to sell have a better visual position.
Best to all, and to all thanks.
D.

Back