Salty’s Strop?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never saw Salty's strop, but .10um equals about 160,000 grit?

In my humble opinion, you're overthinking this one :O What are you stropping?

I would be hesitant to buy anything under 1um (16,000 grit) !

The .50 & .25um is good for straight razors, too fine for kitchen knives.

Also, this strop sounds complicated in practical use. How do you remember which side is loaded with which paste? Which leather is which, & which leather is reversed?

Thanks for bringing this up

who-would-win-pupso-the-pompous-benito-doggolini-wow-love-23276759.png

Pupso, that armour is obviously a 3 pcs set item, Goldly Amour of Cerberus IIRC. + 1,000,000 to all attributes, resist all +101%, indestructible.

Pupso, that armour is obviously a 3 pcs set item, Goldly Amour of Cerberus IIRC. + 1,000,000 to all attributes, resist all +101%, indestructible.

Yeah but Benito has a Circlet of Blacksmithing which gives +100 to sharpening which is what really matters in this thread.

Yeah but Benito has a Circlet of Blacksmithing which gives +100 to sharpening which is what really matters in this thread.

That's not a circlet, it's clearly a crown of flowers, indicating Benito is an elder Druid. This means the ability to bend any natural element to his will. Carbon and iron are elements. He probably has points in alchemy too. Benito has this covered.

That's not a circlet, it's clearly a crown of flowers, indicating Benito is an elder Druid. This means the ability to bend any natural element to his will. Carbon and iron are elements. He probably has points in alchemy too. Benito has this covered.

This guy RPG’s

But Pupso has the Gauntlets of Serenity for -1000 on wobbles.

If you set the strop up with the surfaces that fit your needs or wants it works well. Who is to say what your wants and needs are? It worked well for me for many reasons.

“Opinions are like azzholes, everyone has one but they think each others stink.”

I'm reminded why I don't participate here very much.

I do not know what is going on here,I am so lost, but I love the beagle,nothing like a cute little beagle puppy.I had many both house pets and hunters. I am with Panda here.He must be a cool guy if he likes beagles.
What is pompous?:angel2:

If you set the strop up with the surfaces that fit your needs or wants it works well. Who is to say what your wants and needs are? It worked well for me for many reasons.

“Opinions are like azzholes, everyone has one but they think each others stink.”

Did you ever think yours would be considered a voice of reason? Thanks.

And neither of those mutts would fetch a duck.

Lately,I have been trying Bulsa wood and 4 micron CBN. That is working very well for me to touch up my kitchen knives.

Agree 100% with the 'what fits your needs'. Plus try something, and if it doesn't work well for you and your particular knives and edge needs, then try something else. Seems like common sense to me.

Glad you saw the thread and chimed in.

Hahaha I love that and hear that.? I’ve heard The everyone’s got one but not that each other’s stink...

But yeah I’m switching it up from yours some, I don’t really know exactly what I want/need since I’m pretty new to all this, and I had to spend more than I wanted and wait a few more weeks to get the .1/.25/.5/1ums so I just got some 5g syringes of .5 - 7um to see how it is. From the grit size ratio I’m thinking the .5 will be perfect for the final and only do two sides leather two sides balsa and do 1/1.5/2.5.

Agree 100% with the 'what fits your needs'. Plus try something, and if it doesn't work well for you and your particular knives and edge needs, then try something else. Seems like common sense to me.

Glad you saw the thread and chimed in.

Yeah exactly that’s what I’m going to do. And yeAh thanks for coming out to comment salty. If you have any knives with real good food release you want to get rid of Salty, for like $100-200 let me know!;)!?

Yeah exactly that’s what I’m going to do. And yeAh thanks for coming out to comment salty. If you have any knives with real good food release you want to get rid of Salty, for like $100-200 let me know!;)!?

That's not Salty. Salty's name is Salty.

Nice I like to hear that. What’s the highest grit stone you finish on?

Oh heck,I am always trying something new.Sometimes I finish on a 2000 grit but mostly on a 4 or 5 K . then strop either on the stone or just pull out a leather strop or bulsa with some abrasive on it. Sometimes I even whip out the 8k stone and work with it awhile to finish on it or to simply strop on it. An 8k stone is the very highest that I use sometimes and usually it is just to refine the edge a little and still maintain some bite. I don't spend a lot of time on it.

Back