• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Salty's Sale of the Century

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sending payment e-mails today.

If you haven't emailed me yet, please do ASAP.

If you haven't received my confirmation e-mail, PM me.

If you are in line for a knife PM me again please. There has been some mind changing.

If anyone has sold a popular knife here you know how it goes. Imagine doing 18 at once. I've emptied my inbox twice.
(Which reminds me, include your screen name in your e-mails.)

Plus the work thing.

Hope to be in touch today.

Wow! Surprised you ditched the suji!

First batch of e-mails are out.

There are still a couple I'm waiting to hear from.

Available:
330 Suisin Doi Hayate tako $675.00
Masamoto 360 yanagi $350 ( I had an inquiry but waiting to hear back)
Shigefusa 240 kitaeji yanagi $400

Holding:
Nenohi Kiritsuki
Mizuno White
Masamoto KS
Carter

Interested in the masamoto yanagi if it's available. Is the saya/handle stained black?

I think I've seen in another post something about the black stuff he puts on the handles and sayas. Does anyone know off hand what it is/if its removable or not. Thanks

I believe it was stated in another post that he used shoe polish.?. But salt would have to give you the definite answer on this one

Interested in the masamoto yanagi if it's available. Is the saya/handle stained black?

yes.

It's paint and poly. Easier for me to clean and everyone knows it's my knife. Some have a texture finish.

You could strip it and sand it but it would be easier to replace it. It's Ho wood.

So many guys are pimping up their knives these days I figured most would get new handles.

Update:

I was "in" all day Sunday so I was incommunicado. I've received some payments and hope to cement a few more today. I would like to ship out as many as possible tomorrow. (I'm going to the UPS store and let them do their thing.)

Availability:
Suisin Hayate
Masamoto 360 yanagi (Must pm me if interested)
Shig 240 yanagi (Nibles but nothing firm)

I'm shipping today.

The Masamoto KS gyuto is available.

Ill take the ks if no one has already dibbs it. Pm me when you have time.

Update:

KS is Sold

I've received payment and sent today:

Wilburn
Masamoto suji
Fowler
Ealy
TC Blades
Shig 265
KS
Mukimono
Shig Nakiri
Rader
Lefty yanagi

Waiting on payment on a couple
Still available:
Doi Hayate
Shig 240 yanagi
Masamoto360 yanagi

Please Take Note!
I've had to empty my inbox several times. So I can't keep track of who is still interested in a few knives. If you've received my e-mail address then I consider you a serious buyer, otherwise it's game on.

With that being said The Carter Gyuto may be in play.

If there is any chance on tracking numbers I'd like to get one. If you have the means/time

I have tracking numbers. I will get them to everyone today. They all printed on the same long receipt so I have to track each one to figure out whose is whose.

Starting to feel a little like Father's, Day, Birthday, X mas around here!

Back