Scratch pattern: Sigma Power Ceramic Hard 1K vs. Norton India Fine.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Scratch pattern: Sigma Power Ceramic Hard 1K vs. Norton India Fine.
Just having some fun. Knife is a Muneishi 150mm blue2 with stainless clad (fantastic knife btw).
IMG_8060.jpeg

IMG_8062.jpeg

IMG_8066.jpeg

IMG_8064.jpeg

IMG_8065.jpeg

Last edited:
Not bad. At least no unwanted kasumi. My results on stones are usually horrible. I have good results with automotive sandpaper. Starting with too fine a grit, going lower by small steps until you've found the right one to deliver an even result, and from there on refining.

Not bad. At least no unwanted kasumi. My results on stones are usually horrible. I have good results with automotive sandpaper. Starting with too fine a grit, going lower by small steps until you've found the right one to deliver an even result, and from there on refining.

I just wanted to see the scratch pattern of the two stones. I also haven’t used the Sigma in ages and the other 1K thread got me thinking about it. Dammmmn it is a FAST stone. I spent more time on the Norton than the Sigma.

The first two scratch pattern pics are of the Norton. The bottom two are the Sigma on the other side of the knife. Very close but the Sigma is a tad finer / shallower. It probably benefits a little from the glazing. And I goobered up the last two pics. They are a bit out of focus.

I’ll run this back again with some other comparisons. I have a 240 grit Suehiro that I’m betting is closer to a 1K than a 240.

Back