Searching for knife maker to help finish project

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all, long time no see. I am looking for a referral for some knife work and have been out of the game too long to know where to turn.

A few years ago I gifted some knife materials to a promising young cook that was working on knifemaking as a hobby. This cook is the son of a great chef friend of mine. Recently the chef friend has asked for help in finding a knifemaker that could help finish the project for his son, presumably as a gift.

Materials as I recall it:

270mm Martell suji blank which I believe was already heat treated - I will have to check in to see what the tang was but knowing Dave's style it was probably for a hidden tang western or a wa handle
Some kind of nice handle wood from burlsource
enough fossililzed mammoth tooth for a ferrule

In search of a knife maker that could help finish this project with a reasonable turnaround time. If it is one person for the knife grinding/polishing-sharpening and one for the handle that would be ok too.

Any and all advise or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you KKF!

It seems making sure the project doesn't get completed has been no problem so far. Five years for a knife project? Honestly not my first to hit that timeline.

Thanks for the recommendations guys.

Panda, you are coming back around? Sweet!

It seems making sure the project doesn't get completed has been no problem so far. Five years for a knife project? Honestly not my first to hit that timeline.

Thanks for the recommendations guys.

Panda, you are coming back around? Sweet!
I got the knife itch again but already found a keeper so dunno if ill.stick around much longer lol. currently, raquin has piqued my interest

It seems making sure the project doesn't get completed has been no problem so far. Five years for a knife project?
aka "a Marko Project"
I got the knife itch again but already found a keeper so dunno if ill.stick around much longer lol. currently, raquin has piqued my interest
C'mon, we miss you when you are gone 😢

Back