• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Sell off, cont’d—Kato, Evan, Rob, Tansu

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

julestools

perpetually pre-seppuku
KKF Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello hello hello again✌🏻

Same story, new steel. Let’s get to it.

I’ve used them all, touched them all up at various stages, both edges and polishes.

Kato 240 STD
Steel: Aogami 2
Dimensions: 233x51mm
Weight: 247g
Finish: migaki
Handle/Saya: curly mango
Smith: Kiyoshi Kato
Wood: Sean Porter
Asking $1500USD shipped CONUS

Evan Antzenberger KU Honyaki Sujihiki
Steel: aogami 2
Dimensions: 295x43mm
Weight: 266g
Handle/saya: ringed gidgee/spalted cocobolo
Smith: Evan Antzenberger
Wood: Sean Porter
Asking $950USD shipped CONUS

The 9ine Roman Numeral Gyuto
Steel: wrought clad 1.2519
Dimensions: 175x46mm
Weight: 148g
Finish: polished
Handle: bog oak
Smith: Robert Trimarchi
Saya: Henry Liwerant
Asking $500USD shipped CONUS

Mert Tansu Spicy White Petty
Steel: stainless clad 26c3
Length: 165x38mm
Weight: 129g
Finish: polished
Handle: ringed gidgee, nickel
Smith: Mert Tansu
Asking $450USD shipped USD

Would pickup the Kato as I've been looking for one, but handle isn't to my taste. (I'm more of a dark wood type of guy.) GLWS!

Nine all done
Mert and Evan pending
Kato awaiting final words. Claim itttttttt!

Also if ANYONE who’s made me a blade offer today buys my Asagi/Tenjyou from the other thread I’ll knock 50 bucks off🤝

I remember seeing some of these (and that JIRO) when you posted them and man, they have me reevaluating my allegiances to certain knives.

Best of luck - I wish I could swing that Kato, and I really wish I had been here in time for that 9.

Sean did really top notch work as usual on that wood!

This thread is all sold!

Once again, thank you so so much to everyone here, truly. I genuinely could not have made it this far in either my personal journey nor my journey as a collector without all of you, and nor would I want to. I'm so grateful for the kindness and respect and thoughtfulness and appreciation you’ve all shown me. I hope that somewhere somehow someday I can return that same love in kind🙏🥹🖤

Last edited:
Once again, thank you so so much to everyone here, truly. I genuinely could not have made it this far in either my personal journey nor my journey as a collector without all of you, and nor would I want to. I'm so grateful for the kindness and respect and thoughtfulness and appreciation you’ve all shown me. I hope that somewhere somehow someday I can return that same love kind🙏🥹🖤

A gentleman and a scholar. Best of luck with all the new things that you have going on for you!⚔️🖤

Back