Severe weather conditions have delayed delivery

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 47770

Reaction score
Earlier this week I ordered a knife from Jon at JKI and requested UPS ground shipping. It shipped on Tuesday and since has shown Estimated Delivery Friday... until I checked this morning. Now the Estimated Delivery is Monday with the comment "Severe weather conditions have delayed delivery." I don't remember hearing of any severe weather between LA and central Texas since yesterday. Yes, it gets a little warm in Phoenix in the summer, but since it was shipping ground, no problem with planes grounded due to temperatures being too hot to provide sufficient lift for takeoff.

Years ago I had a UPS package showing a delivery exception due to a train derailment. Huh? So I did the only reasonable thing :rolleyes: and checked the last place the package departed and started looking for news stories of a train derailment. Damned if I didn't find one in Kansas complete with pictures including a couple with Amazon boxes scattered all over. UPS definitely got a pass on that one.

I have a new pool pump that's supposed to be delivered today (bearings going out). FedEx last update shows it left Grayslake, IL last night at 10:40pm. Several times FedEx will still show having left somewhere far, far away, then in the middle of the day they estimated, be Out for Delivery. With UPS, if it's not Out for Delivery in the morning when the trucks roll out, you're not going to get it that day.

Back