Shapton stone case?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M1k3

🤦‍♂️
Staff member
Global Moderators
KKF Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone know where I can buy the Shapton plastic stonecase without the stones? Apparently MTC Kitchen used to carry them. I found another site but they haven't responded if they actually have any, price is listed as $0.00...

If you're talking about the Kuromaku series (Pro series in English). I have about 9 sitting around.
It's yours if you pay shipping.

Thanks

Kou

Attachments

• case.jpg
    case.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 141
You’re right, mtc kitchen sometimes has it. Cktg most times has it. I would just call mtc at +1 212-661-3333 maybe they have some laying around the showroom, and if not then email cktg to see when the next stock is coming, or whether they have some extra laying around the office, if you wanted to buy one.

Usually you will see some on ebay from $8–15 a box, but now seems nothing there. Maybe try amazon.

For me, the stone moves too much using it on top of the box. Sometimes I don’t feel safe because the box rests on 4 tiny plastic legs, where one of them can stick out of the sink bridge edge when i’m busy sharpening and more water is used, etc. Some people do like this box/stone holder/stone case.

You’re right, mtc kitchen sometimes has it. Cktg most times has it. I would just call mtc at +1 212-661-3333 maybe they have some laying around the showroom, and if not then email cktg to see when the next stock is coming, or whether they have some extra laying around the office, if you wanted to buy one.

Usually you will see some on ebay from $8–15 a box, but now seems nothing there. Maybe try amazon.

For me, the stone moves too much using it on top of the box. Sometimes I don’t feel safe because the box rests on 4 tiny plastic legs, where one of them can stick out of the sink bridge edge when i’m busy sharpening and more water is used, etc. Some people do like this box/stone holder/stone case.

Thanks. Kou has offered me some. I want the cases mainly for storage. I'd probably use them as stone holders occasionally when on the go. Otherwise I'd use my regular stone holder. Basically they'd be used as cases, not so much as stone holders.

Awesome. Thanks to kou! Are you gonna use it to store shapton glass or pro? Just curious...OR dmt??

Awesome. Thanks to kou! Are you gonna use it to store shapton glass or pro? Just curious...OR dmt??

I have a Naniwa SS 220, Shapton Glass 500, King 1k/6k combo, 2 balsa strops and a cheap chinese diamond stone, that I'll be replacing soon, that i intend to put in them, if they fit.

Also interested in getting either Shapton Pro or Glass 2k. And either 4k glass or 5k pro. Maybe..lol.

Back