Sharpening resources

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Walla

Reaction score
I think I wasn't completely clear in my other thread...I got great advice...on what to do in one particular case...

Now here's the thing...I'm hoping to find resources...be it book, website, video or on here...that will help me...and perhaps others at the same level of sharpening ability to improve what they are capable of doing...

All too often what I've come across is either basic/beginner or very advanced...and I'm looking for something in between...

Can anyone direct me to resources that would be appropriate to an intermediate level sharpener....?

Thanks

Jeff

The JKI vids will take you from a neophyte status to a competent sharpener with clear, easy to understand technique. (They did it for me anyway) You can continue through them to whatever level of comfort you're looking for. Jon has recently worked some new stuff with another series though I can't recall a name or reference point att.

Agreed, Daveb! Check out Japanese Knife Imports (JKI) channel on YouTube. Also for western style double-beveled sharpening there are some good tidbits over at knifeplanet.net

I also agree with the JIK vidoes. If those are too beginner then you don't need videos to begin with.

Great...I'll check out the Japanese knife import videos...

Thanks...

Not to sound ungrateful...but keep the ideas coming...

Take care

Jeff

Back