• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Sharpening stone Jnat shiro suita

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Greetings KKF

This is an ohira renge shiro suita that I have picked up at an yahoo auction. It performs smooth like butter yet bity when needed. Cuts fairly well no need for nagura and leaved a great finish on the cladding and the core. The dimensions are 200-77-38, 1300grams.
The first polish video is the first day I received the knife, couldn't wait to flatten it up a little ( many damps and uneven bevel).
Second is today where I flattened out most of the area and can get a better cladding polish result ( didn't progress it, jumped from 200diamond plate to 1000 suehiro cerax to the suita) , surprises me how the misty kasumi finish turned out. Not the best polisher, still practicing.

$500 $300+ shipping on this and preferably conus ( haven't tried international shipping yet)
Best
Peter

Attachments

• IMG_0979.MOV
    32.7 MB
  • IMG_1026.MOV
    40.3 MB
  • e3d5dc22-8e22-433f-8907-506724bedc40.mp4
    43.1 MB
Last edited:
Looks super cool (and I need to respond to your DM - sorry!)

I would recommend sealing the sides on this one asap as there look to be some sizeable cracks on the side which you’ll want to stabilise and prevent water ingress.

Looks super cool (and I need to respond to your DM - sorry!)

I would recommend sealing the sides on this one asap as there look to be some sizeable cracks on the side which you’ll want to stabilise and prevent water ingress.
Yeah no biggie. Cool never have tried or aware that sealing the stone is important, could you suggest any thread or website for this information? Thanks for this knowledge.

did some more polishing work today, lots of low area still on the bevel but got some more progress.

In addition, also open to trades with European knives such as yankick, cloutier ( not very knowledgeable so feel free to pm in and widen my interest and knowledge)

Adding a used about 15 times naniwa professional 8000 for free to the suita

Attachments

• 60E4F080-D580-418A-8A9B-0167DACF4502.jpeg
    60E4F080-D580-418A-8A9B-0167DACF4502.jpeg
    642.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 2FFD585F-3479-45F0-AE9D-BF2AAEBBF6A6.jpeg
    2FFD585F-3479-45F0-AE9D-BF2AAEBBF6A6.jpeg
    767.4 KB · Views: 0
  • DC2F4D3F-D5F0-4727-8C6A-0438C5CB93FB.jpeg
    DC2F4D3F-D5F0-4727-8C6A-0438C5CB93FB.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0967.MOV
    32.8 MB
Update!!!

kasumi polish with the shiro suita and finished the edge with the karasu in the bundle.

Price drop to $350, bundle drop to 500😁

Attachments

• IMG_1009.MOV
    46.9 MB
Some update, $300. Some hard decisions letting it go for almost half the price but needed it to make up for some poor financial choices (knives) and updating my stone collection.

Bump and offering a new bundle selection.
Ohira uchigumori with small karasu and renge characteristics. Convex, I flattened the bottom just to have both conves and flat to work with depending on the polish.

Bundle would still be for 500 shipping covered

Attachments

• IMG_1063.MOV
    13.6 MB
  • IMG_1052.MOV
    25.8 MB
Bundle Karasu and Suita sold
Thanks KKF

Edit- some confusion were with the deal but it got sorted. Uchi was sold with the karasu, shiro suita still avaliable

Last edited:
Update for those who’s been asking about the slur and edge sharpness.
Not sure if I mentioned but I’l cover for the shipping

Hey there will the knife grip into the lines when sharpening?
Great question! Yes it would, the line on the top grips the most while the rest doesn't grip as much. The grippy feedback weakens when you created slur from whether sharpening or flattening. I wouldn't suggest using the entire surface of the stone since it may catch the blade when getting caught and redirect the angle, but it wouldn't hurt the result as all the polish examples all purposely sharpened over the lines. Not the most experienced in polishing but just my honest feedback on the stone.

I'll try to do another video to demonstrate

Back