• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Shig Ku Santoku

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ma_sha1

Reaction score
XZXLyT8.jpg

New old stock 165mm Shigefusa Santoku I got from Japan. I made a custom horn/Karelian birch custom handle for it & used it for a few days & sharpened it twice. It’s got middle weight workhorse like convex grind & hefty feeling, weight in 180g, actual blade heel to tip 174mm.

Spine Measurements roughly: handle/Heel/middle/1cm from tip: 6mm/3.5mm/2mm/1.2mm

Heel height 49mm; Blade length heel to tip 174mm; weight 180g

I also polished the spine, did lamb blood patina which looks really pretty under the right lighting & angle. The last round of sharpening introduced some shallow stone scarf marks on left front of the blade, but mostly contained below Kasumi section, see the last picture.

asking $335 + shipping; prefer US.

M7cN2Hx.jpg

RrZ3bvA.jpg

upload_2020-1-1_19-0-41.jpeg

upload_2020-1-1_19-1-22.jpeg

lwY1IRD.jpg

rKJZtNE.jpg

Just out of curiousity... how did you know it's a NOS KU Shigefusa?

all i can see is just a sanjo branded ku shigefusa

Would you mind elaborating on "New old stock;" I am curious on what the characteristics are.

There’s no special meaning to it. Bought from Japan, seller stated it’s long term storage old stock, never used.

Open to trade on a few knives that I’d really like to try:

Shig 210 Kasumi
Kurosaki 210 AS Fujin
210 custom Gyuto with S-grind

Thanks for the mods cleaning up the Hijacking posts. Much appreciated!

Price reduced to $325

Cheers

Bump & open for trades.

Karelian birchwood custom handle but selling the knife at cheap Ho price. If you remind me, I’ll add the cheap Ho handle that came with the Shig. free into the same package.

Lol, not after 10 hours of power grinding, transformation. using my invention, the Mouse Beveler, this will be a killer cutter , the Tiny Terror will be mine.

Yeah, are you tempted at all to do this with your TF?
No, i already finished TF re-grind, two rounds by hand, & kept the convex profile. I did it the reverse cowgirl style, with Stone on top, ride the knife on the bottom.

Latest posts

Back