Shigefusa

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have bein wanting a 270mm kitaeji wa-gyuto for awhile now, sign me up for one!

You got it, i have them already on order :D

I would be interested in a kasumi petty 180mm (I don't know which will be the price and I also have other shopping in mind :biggrin: ).

Western gyuto, 240mm, kasumi... might come in handy. :whistling:

105mm or 120mm kurouchi/kasumi ajikiri would round out my deba lineup nicely :)

240mm Western and 180mm Petty is ordered :D

Shigefusa 250mm Suji is up on website :D

IMGP5837.JPG

I thought Max did sharpen and pre-polish on this one a while ago and the knife has already show some cloud and has fairly few coarse grind marks. So it didn't take me too long to bring the cloud out even more. All up probably was within 20-25 minutes.

Pretty much what I did was erasing more of coarse grind marks, and give it a fine polish. Stones used were coarse red Atagoyama, Takashima, Hakka, and Ohira uchigomori finger stone.

Looks totally awesome. Like a damascus cladding with very fine, delicate layers.

Should photo my yanagi...

Currency fluctuation has also contributed to the increase in prices. In fall 2008 the Yen/USD was trading at 110/USD, recently the exchange rate has been in the mid 80's.

I thought Max did sharpen and pre-polish on this one a while ago and the knife has already show some cloud and has fairly few coarse grind marks. So it didn't take me too long to bring the cloud out even more. All up probably was within 20-25 minutes.

Pretty much what I did was erasing more of coarse grind marks, and give it a fine polish. Stones used were coarse red Atagoyama, Takashima, Hakka, and Ohira uchigomori finger stone.

i think i really need to get a hakka. almost all of the really nice results i've seen have had a hakka in the progression.

schanop: you also mastered your hard Ohira Kan very well :doublethumbsup:

Heads up on Shigefusa email! very nice this time :D

Back