• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Shigehiro Yanagiba - Yoshikazu Ikeda

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

not an easy decision, but there we go. Hard work, but it was fun! Made what you are seeing here out of this one.

Polished the complete front, new kasumi, new handle.

Specs:
- Shirogami 2
- 62-63 HRC
- Blacksmith: Yoshikazu Ikeda
- Sharpener: Kasahara Shigehiro
- Edge: 294 mm
- Blade Height: 35 mm
- Thickness: 4,6 mm
- New handle: Ebony + blond horn. It‘s glued with hot-melt adhesive and can easily be removed.
- Adding the original handle (Ho-wood + blond horn)

Located in Germany. Asking what I paid for (incl. the new handle): 450 360 USD incl. shipping in EU. For world wide shipping I will cover the first 20 USD.

Not that easy taking good pics/videos when everything is reflecting. Here are the best shots.

Videos and the pics:

Last edited:
I already own one, amazing smith and sharpener. I will never understand how one would instantly spend so much money on a Shigefusa and pass away at one Yoshikazu Ikeda/Kasahara at 1/3 of the price of the Shig. Some western retailers really messed something up. But that's just my opinion I suppose. Beautiful piece my friend, good luck with selling!

Back