• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD [PRICE DROP] Shigeki Tanaka 240mm Gyuto, Yoshikane 210mm Gyuto, Kurosaki Raijin 120mm Petty

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, I went down the rabbit hole a bit too fast, so I'm selling off a few knives since I promised myself I would only ever own what I could fit on my display rack... and I found a lot of great deals on other knives over the past week or two and had no semblance of self-control. I bet that sounds familiar to at least a few of you!

Here's what's on the chopping block (heh):

Shigeki Tanaka R2/SG2 Damascus 240mm Gyuto - $320

I got this second-hand from a well known seller here on KKF. As far as I'm aware, he used it a couple times, and I used to cut exactly 6 potatoes, 1 onion, and 4 carrots. It's basically brand new, minus the sticker. Cuts like a dream and I would not be letting it go if I didn't have both a HADO B1D and a Nakagawa 240 coming this week. Handle is walnut + pakka. Asking $340 $320 shipped and insured. Open to offers.

Yoshikane W2 Nashiji 210mm Gyuto - $250

I got this brand new from a buddy of mine whom, I believe, got it from K&S, since that's the only retailer that I've seen carry them with teak handles. It's got a slight blue patina on the edge and has been used to prep maybe 5-8 meals. Never sharpened, still cuts as it did OOTB. Same story, I would not be letting this go if I didn't already have more cool **** on the way. Asking $275 $250 shipped and insured. Open to offers.

[SOLD] Nigara R2/SG2 Kurouchi Tsuchime 210mm K-tip Gyuto - $220 [SOLD]

[SOLD] Originally purchased from epicedge.com because I thought it was ****ing awesome, and while, yes, it is, I've realized it just isn't quite my style. I've used it relatively little--prepped maybe 10-15 meals with it. Never sharpened and still cuts as it did OOTB. Handle is wenge & buffalo horn. Asking $240 $220, shipped, insured, and throwing in the saya for free. [SOLD]

[SOLD] Shiro Kamo Akuma AO Super Kurouchi 165mm Nakiri - $135 [SOLD]

[SOLD] Originally purchased from cleancut.eu -- I really, really tried to like Nakiris... but I've realized I just don't. Modern profile nakiris have far too much belly to achieve what they're supposed to. I used it exactly 2 time to cut some onions, potatoes, and carrots, so it's basically brand new and has no discernible patina on the cutting edge. Handle is walnut with a red ferrule, which I know a lot of people love. Asking $150 $135 shipped and insured. [SOLD]

Yu Kurosaki Raijin Cobalt Special 120mm Petty - $225

Originally purchased from MyGoodKnife.com -- was my first ever Petty... which I promptly followed up by also buying a 135mm Yoshikane SKD Petty that I use far, far more often. Would not be letting this go if it wasn't so redundant with other stuff I own. Used a couple times to cut a few lemons, mangoes, and garlic, but again, basically brand new. Handle is oak and wenge with a turquoise spacer. Asking $275 $225 shipped and insured. Open to offers.

Payment to be made via Paypal G&S. Open to offers on any of these, and will give additional discounts if you buy multiple.

Any questions / additional information needed or wanted, please let me know.

Last edited:
Back