SHIPPING TO CANADA!! (from the US)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the meanwhile, I got jerked around by UPS again...

UPS email to me: "You must pay this much on this package coming to you. Pay online to avoid paying at your door."
ME: Fine, sure. Taxes and duties. No problem. *pays online before delivery*
UPS postal mail to me, 2 months laters: "You owe this much for brokerage and this much more for a surcharge on brokerage. And here's the interest you're charged in the meantime. You can mail us a cashier's check.*
ME: UPS JFC FU GDIAF ...
Yea ... Should have Used USPS as per my recommendations above ... you would have your package by now.

UPS are total mfkerz when they know they can get more money out of you ... just FYI for those in Toronto ... DO NOT SHIP UPS TO TORONTO ... You will have to go pick it up at their location in Vaughan (20-40min drive for me depending on traffic) ... You will need to take a car, you will need to wait in line (usually about 45mins if they like you) for them to find the package in the back stock. I personally love the larger ladies that work there with excessively long various coloured fake nails, as they take kindly to a flirt ... and get me out of there faster than the Karens. -- Atleast Fedex has several locations where you can pickup.

Purolator is just as bad for pick-up point. The one I know about is at Sheppard and Midland area, where I'm driving down from Markham.

And Canada Post during this pandemic - "Pay your duty online so we can deliver to you", Ok done. 4 hours to a day later - "we didn't deliver to your house, you gotta come to this location to pickup". I paid so I didn't have to see anybody....

UPS is the worst of them all. I refuse to use them and will not buy something where UPS will be used. The last time I bought something for $1000cdn, involving UPS, the cost at my end excluding the seller’s shipping charge was $230cdn with no explanation and no detailed invoice. Never again.

Last edited:
Yea ... Should have Used USPS as per my recommendations above ... you would have your package by now.
It wasn't actually from the US, so it makes very little sense to try and berate me for not using USPS.

UPS is just the suck, y'know?...

It wasn't actually from the US, so it makes very little sense to try and berate me for not using USPS.
UPS is just the suck, y'know?...
Don't take offence ... im really joking around. If its not from the US, look into the Canada post Affiliate.
Agreed UPS is Crap in the great white north, they really are brown and yellow restroom stains of a postal service.

I ship stuff to myself once a month or so from the US, I only use USPS/Canadapost as a last resort, they suck goat balls.

i have a white box on my office desk. i tried to send an a package to Oshawa, ON. printed the address EXACTLY how the recipient instructted.. it took two month to end up right back at me. hahhaha.. the box is marked up from various stops along the way, probably very similar to Bourdain's passports stamps. i just keep the box on my desk as a reminder to avoid international shipping. hehe.

Back