Shotguns

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Latest plinker until I get my Kimber:

SigSauer002.jpg
[/IMG]

SigSauer003.jpg
[/IMG]

That's a fine looking Sig Jason. The last 1911 clone I had was a Kimber Ultra Carry II out of the custom shop in .45 I still have a USFA SAA in .38 Case colored by Doug Turnbull.

Michael,

My personal favorite semi auto is the Benelli (SBEII (3 1/2") or M2(3")). While not cheap, the inertia tech recoil suppression along with a great rubber butt plate really does keep ones shoulder intact after a day of shooting. I have done a couple of rounds of 5 stand and sporting clays and not had any issues. It has good balance, light enough to carry comfortably in the field. Very easy to use the action and the action is reliable. A semi-auto action does need more cleaning than an over/under or a pump action to keep it in good shape.

I've used a buddy of mine's Winchester Super X3 and hunted with him a lot and that is pretty decent one also. His action sticks a little bit occasionally, but it shoots well, it decently balanced and the price point is a little below Benelli's. Certain shells haven't been working well with this gun lately though.

Can't really speak on any others though, most of my upland associates use over / unders and occasionally a pump action.

I really enjoy my Mossberg 930 tac. Smooth action, low recoil, cycles a variety of shell sizes without too much coughing. 18 inch barrel. Nice fiber optics. Choate makes a custom pistol grip, and there's a variety of picatinny fore-rails available. Easy to break down... Pretty competitively priced for what you get. Easy to sub out a hunting length barrel too...

Back