Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is my newest addition to the collection. It's a m390 215mm gyutohiki. Handle is made from ebony, copper, POM and a larch cone cast in resin. The design of the handle is mine and the knife maker is Aleksander Błażyca (Aleks handmade knives). It turned out even prettier than I expected.

View attachment 38370View attachment 38371View attachment 38372View attachment 38373View attachment 38374

That cone piece is maybe the coolest add on to a knife handle in a LONG ******* time.

That cone piece is maybe the coolest add on to a knife handle in a LONG ******* time.
Yeah it came out beautifully, but this is my favourite custom handle. The guy making it for me has absolutely exceeded my expectations. You can't see it on the photo, but the handle has that 3d effect to it. The depth of this is truly stunning.
The knife itself is a K&S blue #2 stainless-clad nashiji 270mm tanaka. Absolute beast of a knife.
Now I just need to get a custom olive wood saya made to complete the look.

View attachment 38375 PicsArt_10-22-10.58.16.jpgPicsArt_10-22-10.55.00.jpg

Alaq81a.jpg

2 knives in today!

Ikeda Ironwood Honyaki western 240 gyuto in white 2.
Mazaki 150 yanagiba

Yeah it came out beautifully, but this is my favourite custom handle. The guy making it for me has absolutely exceeded my expectations. You can't see it on the photo, but the handle has that 3d effect to it. The depth of this is truly stunning.
The knife itself is a K&S blue #2 stainless-clad nashiji 270mm tanaka. Absolute beast of a knife.
Now I just need to get a custom olive wood saya made to complete the look.

View attachment 38375View attachment 38376View attachment 38377

These are even better!

Ikeda looks freaking AWESOME. Mazaki looks petty. It's a yangi??? :scratchhead:
More like a single bevel petty. That said, I just made match stick cucumber using the usuba method (but with this little single bevel). Super easy on the first attempt.

Interestingly after making a thin ribbon of cucumber, in came the Ikeda honyaki western to make the matchsticks!

Nice combo.

Mert Tansu blue2 honyaki, some poor pictures, its beautiful in person though.

25175436747_40302da071_b.jpg

39336542464_831a286ed6_b.jpg

Back