Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that handle looks like it would feel odd and uncomfortable. Just an opinion based on pics, and obviously I could be wrong. But I’m suspecting not. I do somewhat like the raw look of the semi-integral part though. Kind of like a shortcut to an actual integral

@tchan001 is correct - that is the one. The handle is beautifully made and is perfect to hold, very comfortable in hand.

I will do some slicing and dicing to get the feel of it tomorrow

@tchan001 is correct - that is the one. The handle is beautifully made and is perfect to hold, very comfortable in hand.

I will do some slicing and dicing to get the feel of it tomorrow
Was curious about the handle.
Not always on time to be able to buy the Warikomi 230- already have a DalmanxBirgersson and the Integral- not in my budget right now.
But glad they got good homes.

As I mentioned in that thread, the Mizuno talk cost me some money:

eIeFsoK.jpg

Is that a PCPken handle? Looks almost exactly like the one on my Prendergast.

Is that a PCPken handle? Looks almost exactly like the one on my Prendergast.

I couldnt tell you; the maker of the handle wasnt listed on JCK

It is a thing of beauty though, and because it was by itself I was able to get specs for it and grab one of the slightly taller ones (though this profile is still a lot narrower than Im used to)

Can
I couldnt tell you; the maker of the handle wasnt listed on JCK

It is a thing of beauty though, and because it was by itself I was able to get specs for it and grab one of the slightly taller ones (though this profile is still a lot narrower than Im used to)
Can’t read the weight

Sorry for that.. Ah I see you got one with the fancy handles.. :) Still waiting for mine. (regular handle though...) Yours has the KS profile?

I was expecting this to arrive next week, but....

I think it is the most stunning knives I have - it’s gorgeous and I can’t wait to use it

Congrats for snatching that knife. I was not trying to buy it, but I could not stop checking in on the knife at the web store. Would be really fun to see how the knife ”ages” in the kitchen. Will it have its own instagram account?

Congrats for snatching that knife. I was not trying to buy it, but I could not stop checking in on the knife at the web store. Would be really fun to see how the knife ”ages” in the kitchen. Will it have its own instagram account?
Good idea. it deserves it. The knife was made for one of Robin’s friends who wanted more heel height. so I am really lucky I got it.

Can

Can’t read the weight

the scale was off. weight is 260g

Sorry for that.. Ah I see you got one with the fancy handles.. :) Still waiting for mine. (regular handle though...) Yours has the KS profile?

Yes. Very flat and VERY pointy

It's immediate taken a blue patina after cutting some stuff. Really like that.

FafJcw0.png

That's the PCPken handle I was talking about btw.

that's beautiful. and yes, very similar to mine, just some minor difference in the details.

I like the handle, fwiw. it's heavy and brings the balance of the knife backwards, which sounds bad, except that it ends right on the pinch instead of in front of it, which lightens it (a good thing IMO, for a knife that is basically a short 270).

Yup, you've seen the crusty bell pepper before... Too lazy to take a decent pic, so I'll just post the the stock photo from EE.
Took a flier on this one since it was $225. I thought that was a good deal.
Made by David Hoehler. Excellent F&F--really nicely sculpted handle (G10). Steel is Bohler-Udenholm N690, which I need to look into.
Waaaaaaaaaay more bellier curvier profile than I expected--basically a Wusthof profile--but looks like it'll be a fun change of pace.
1604728546680.png

Last edited:
Here’s one, just to mix things up: Spyderco Spydiechef. I’m a BBQ guy, so the idea of a picket knife that can be used in cooking is such a blast. I’m loving the size and shape of the blade. As you can see, had it 2 weeks and it’s already been worked hard.

The Spydiechef is the knife I bring for kitchen tasks on shorts trips when it’s not suitable to bring a proper knife: forest walks, a few days away, and so on. Really good EDC for food stuff.

The Spydiechef is the knife I bring for kitchen tasks on shorts trips when it’s not suitable to bring a proper knife: forest walks, a few days away, and so on. Really good EDC for food stuff.

Couldn't agree more... love mine. Had a lot of Spydies over the years. This one is definiately one of my favourites.

Not really a cooking knife IMHO (an Opinel No. 8/9 will do just as good) but overall just a great EDC

Couldn't agree more... love mine. Had a lot of Spydies over the years. This one is definiately one of my favourites.

Not really a cooking knife IMHO (an Opinel No. 8/9 will do just as good) but overall just a great EDC

Opinel 8 and 12 carbon are my other food knives. Not kidding. However, the Spydie is more suitable due to the steel and cleaning, and has kind of pushed out the Opinels. I’m also always a bit conscientious about the heel of the Opinels. Still, the 8 is my go to lime knife when making G&T. :)

Back