Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
custom profile? looks really nice, a lot different than his normal work.

It's a tracing of my favorite Sabatier that I want so badly to work as a line knife, and is just too reactive. I think that shape and the Heiji grind will put me where I need to be.

View attachment 26124
Not in my hands, but I got the email this morning. Now when Randy finishes the Midway run I will have the line knife set to rule them all!

I got an email too :D 280 tall suji
0B5F6735-237E-48CA-90B5-AB8F5F33E34B_zpswlk65s4w.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Not as fancy as any of the high zoot customs in this thread, but this is my most recent major purchase:

ehZWZXh.jpg

230mm Takeda Sasanoha (thinned by me)

Del 240 in AEB-L with blonde ebony western handle.
The handle is big, longer than usual, as requested. She's a beauty Del!

20150130_075318_zps0c3a2db4.jpg

20150130_075527_zpsa0a49533.jpg

20150130_081115_zps5dd75604.jpg

I would love to try a Takeda one day and Sasanoha would be the model I would like most. Looks great!

I would love to try a Takeda one day and Sasanoha would be the model I would like most. Looks great!

Agree. I don't like the looks of most Takeda, but these one looks sweet.

Agree. I don't like the looks of most Takeda, but these one looks sweet.

Yeah! The regular gyutos and nakiris they make are way too tall for me, and I can't really get into the K-tips I see on some of their other models.

This has turned me into a full Nakiri user. As usual the grind is just great, the Fit and finish even better, somehow.

180MM on the edge
D-Handle is an amber. almost translucent, Russian kirilian birch. This is some rare stuff as I've not been able to find any more in the last year. Mukume guard to match damascus pattern.

Damascus is Devin Thomas/John Thomas.

image4.jpg

image2.jpg

image5.jpg

Holy Hell!
This has turned me into a full Nakiri user. As usual the grind is just great, the Fit and finish even better, somehow.

180MM on the edge
D-Handle is an amber. almost translucent, Russian kirilian birch. This is some rare stuff as I've not been able to find any more in the last year. Mukume guard to match damascus pattern.

That is one sweet looking nakiri. I keep telling myself that I am only going to get knives for their function and not for their looks, then I see knives by Kramer or Tsourkan or you name the gorgeous Damascus patterns with custom handles and my resolve weakens......

180MM on the edge

My orders aren't in damascus because the patterns don't do much for me, but I have to admit a teency bit of envy. I really hope Marko gets back to me sometime soon about my knives...

Back