Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Catcheside mighty mono 01 steel, 4mm, 54mm tall at the heel, 195mm long, weighting in as 202g

hv831i.jpg

6qzc03.jpg

1zh33fa.jpg

2dbo5rr.jpg

o9i7uq.jpg

The handle is amazing, pics dont do it justice.

Catcheside mighty mono 01 steel, 4mm, 54mm tall at the heel, 195mm long, weighting in as 202g

hv831i.jpg

6qzc03.jpg

1zh33fa.jpg

2dbo5rr.jpg

o9i7uq.jpg

The handle is amazing, pics dont do it justice.

Wow, 200g for a 195mm knife, that thing will fall through food by itself. My kind of gyuto [emoji16]

Nice rustic look there Tanner!

Thanks! it's actually not as "rustic" as I thought it would be, you should checkout my KU Kato gyuto too

This one is not my work personally, but rather one of the guys who's been learning with me for a few years now... natural stone finish (shobudani suita and uchigumori hazuya finger stones) on a kurouchi kato

[video]https://www.facebook.com/JapaneseKnifeImports/videos/10153852845718860/[/video]

Got my Yamawaku 210 gyuto in today, I have no doubt this guy will prove to be a beast for the money. A rehandle will come shortly, but I'm already stoked to put it to the stones and get this thing on line tomorrow.
kQkQegL.jpg

fKVnySI.jpg

Nice grind, garden, & spin composter:thumbsup:

Got my Yamawaku 210 gyuto in today, I have no doubt this guy will prove to be a beast for the money. A rehandle will come shortly, but I'm already stoked to put it to the stones and get this thing on line tomorrow.
kQkQegL.jpg

fKVnySI.jpg

Why re-handle? That burnt chestnut looks great.

240mm Kato just arrived direct from Japan.

Specs for Kato:
Weight - 223 grams
Edge Length - 235mm
Heel Height - 51mm

Compared to JNS Workhorse:
Weight - 264g (+41grams some of this is probably the burnt chestnut handle vs. ho but shouldn't be more than 10 grams)
Edge Length - 242mm (+7mm)
Height - 51mm (same)

The JNS Workhorse (which Tanner now has) also had significantly more belly, the Kato from Japan has a huge flat spot which I really like.

g4BUIYG.jpg

240mm Kato just arrived.

Specs for Kato:
Weight - 223 grams
Edge Length - 235mm
Heel Height - 51mm

Weight - 264g (+41grams some of this is probably the burnt chestnut handle vs. ho but shouldn't be more than 10 grams)
Height - 51mm (same)

The JNS Workhorse (which Tanner now has) also had significantly more belly, the Kato from Japan has a huge flat spot which I really like.

g4BUIYG.jpg

😍😍😍

240mm Kato just arrived direct from Japan.

Specs for Kato:
Weight - 223 grams
Edge Length - 235mm
Heel Height - 51mm

Height - 51mm (same)

g4BUIYG.jpg

Lookin' good Mike! I think Smurfmacaw has that one… I'm sill watching Maksim's emails for one of those. If you get anymore goodies coming from Japan let me know :D. I could also use a standard Kasumi Kato as well

The another piece of works of art !! this one from another side of Japan

Dalman petty
ABE-L W/reindeer horn ferrule, masur birch handle
156 mm edge, 34 mm heel
width of spine 10 mm from the tip 0.8 mm
width of spine at heel 2.8 mm
weight 70 g.

OOTB : very impress ! came very sharp and very well made

1.jpg

2.jpg

That Yamawaku looks impressive.

Nice choice!

I can't clearly understand this statement, but just to clarify the Dalman knives are handmade in Sweden. He has a sub-forum at the bottom of the page!

That Yamawaku looks impressive.

Nice choice!

I can't clearly understand this statement, but just to clarify the Dalman knives are handmade in Sweden. He has a sub-forum at the bottom of the page!

thanks you for your kind words and I'm so sorry ! a bout my statement was unclear. I will very be careful with my words for next time

If that Yoshi had only had a bit higher/aggressive tip, I'd never have let it go. I only use petties for butchery, and the Yoshihide was a bit too wide at the tip to execute good piercing cuts. I thought about having somebody more qualified than I to change it up. But it felt sacrilegious somehow to have it thoroughly reprofiled. I might have to borrow it back from you at some point Mike so I can have a reproduction of that delightfully profiled handle made up from the source. One of my favorite handles yet in terms of feel for a knife of that size and weight. And it's just dead sexy looking of course.

Ya know, it's funny--I really liked the blade on that knife and didn't like the handle. It just didn't fit. I thought about rehandling it and decided it would be better to have it go to someone who would appreciate it as is. And I've found that I prefer short gyutos over petties for most tasks. I've been using one of Cris Anderson's shorties lately--if you're looking for a piercing tip, it's worth checking out.

The ironwood on the Yoshi was a very light brown when new. It darkened and got much better looking with time.

ariived earlier than expected :)

dfaiox.jpg

Toyama Noborikoi Kasumi Gyuto 240. Munetoshi Kurouchi 170 Wa Boner. Hattori HD 150 Honesuki
5n8zdu.jpg

Choils
taow8i.jpg

With the work kit
6fo12u.jpg

Havent had a chance to use them yet, just admiring them for now, but will put them to the test on some ducks, chickens and a big batch of onions at work!

Muteki 210mm kiritsuke-tip gyuto. Bladesmith = Jamison Chopp. For me, he's got the blade profile just right. Nice sweet spot and 55mm wide.

jsriDlL.jpg

Itinomonn 300mm sujihiki. Extremely blade-heavy. Will see if it can work for me.
1B0gZL4.jpg

Dalman petty
ABE-L W/reindeer horn ferrule, masur birch handle
156 mm edge, 34 mm heel
width of spine 10 mm from the tip 0.8 mm
width of spine at heel 2.8 mm
weight 70 g.

OOTB : very impress ! came very sharp and very well made

View attachment 32253

View attachment 32254

Hiii! ;)

I know this handle ;)
Had the option for this, but got another one wich is similar but even slimer.
Robins handles are really awesome as well as his blades.

Catcheside 22 cm 1.2442 san mai gyuto

Stabilized alder burl and koa front and back, with brass ferrule and end cap.

IMG_6387.jpgIMG_6388.jpg
IMG_6395.jpgIMG_6391.jpg
IMG_6389.jpgIMG_6390.jpg

Will's description:
Length blade - 220mm
height - 48mm
Thickness entering handle - 5.3mm
Thickness spine over heel - 4.3mm
Thickness spine 10mm from tip 1.2mm
All forged taper and geometry, the forging is slightly asymmetrical right hand bias, release is slightly more to the right, works so very nicely ground and hand /stone finished compound bevel.
1.2442 core knocking on the door of 66 hrc.....Cuts like a delicate beast, zero flex and falls through everything with a very nice sensation of RH biased release.

Rick is that 220 w Wil's removable handles? That knife looks all about bid'ness. Like to hear you FB on 1.2442.

Rick is that 220 w Wil's removable handles? That knife looks all about bid'ness. Like to hear you FB on 1.2442.

No, the handle is attached with epoxy. It was just delivered today at lunchtime, and I've only diced a bell pepper, some celery and sliced a tomato, so it will be a bit before I can comment on the steel.

Back