Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a quite badly delayed birthday present for my future ball and chain [emoji13]
It's a 180mm bunka from d2 made by Kurkowski custom works. The saya is made from mahagony.
The pictures are from the maker. The knife looks even prettier live.
The second is a Akifusa rehandle. Looks really nice and I like how loosing the bolster really shaved off some weight off the knife. FB_IMG_1526853897638.jpegFB_IMG_1526853906650.jpegFB_IMG_1526853837088.jpegFB_IMG_1526853865745.jpegFB_IMG_1526853874485.jpeg

This is a quite badly delayed birthday present for my future ball and chain [emoji13]
It's a 180mm bunka from d2 made by Kurkowski custom works. The saya is made from mahagony.
The second is a Akifusa rehandle. Looks really nice and I like how loosing the bolster really shaved off some weight off the knife. View attachment 39482View attachment 39483View attachment 39484View attachment 39485View attachment 39486

F u c king beautiful. 12/10 would rock. I've never seen a more beautiful hybrid handle and that burl is A++++++

Takeda 24omm gyuto
Wusthof 9" chef's
Esquisite Knives 8" chef's
Murray Carter 5.5" Funayuki
Butch Harner 4" paring

Takeda, Carter and Harner are new.

The Exquisite Knives I won last year.

The Wusthof I've had for 20 years or so since a friend of mine convinced me I needed a chef's knife longer than 8". It is the photos mainly for scale.

IMG_1865.jpg
IMG_1861.jpg

The second is a Akifusa rehandle. Looks really nice and I like how loosing the bolster really shaved off some weight off the knife. View attachment 39482View attachment 39483View attachment 39484View attachment 39485View attachment 39486

holy ****, I've never even considered this a possibility, haha. that handle and logo is beatiful as well

I picked up a couple of small knives today.

Konosuke Fujiyama B#2 120mm Petty
XemKRQ8.jpg

Hinoura RiverJump 90mm Paring
Y0rQbpt.jpg

Shigefusa Kasumi Yanagiba 300mm (lefty) & Nenohi Kaede Honyaki Yanagiba 300mm (lefty)

image1_zpswe8ga7sv.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Shun Edo Slicer, Nenox Yo Deba 165mm, Nenox Sujihiki 230mm, Nenox Gyuto 300mm
image3_zps8okledtz.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I also have 240mm Toyama gyuto but not in a picture.
Good knives are awesome!

I have a seething irrational desire for a bone handled Nenox gyuto. A whole fleet of them, really.

Some beautiful knives recently. This one is inbound from Canada. My Takeda gyutos are still at the spa, but hopefully they'll be home soon...

NOS Teruyasu Fujiwara Yo Denka 210 gyuto. This ones also got a very nice Ebony handle.
Blade forged by TF and reprofiled with a finer edge by the master himself by special request. Choil shot speaks for itself.
Fruit and veg just beg for mercy....:surrendar:

8n3m560.jpg

NOS Teruyasu Fujiwara Yo Denka 210 gyuto. This ones also got a very nice Ebony handle.
Blade forged by TF and reprofiled with a finer edge by the master himself by special request. Choil shot speaks for itself.

ulBoPTJ.jpg

that should shut some folks up.

8n3m560.jpg

that is one damn thin edge

that look like it will chip just from looking at it funny

No funny looks from me just a LOT of respect. My fingers will thank me.

Seriously though I'm very careful with my knives so I'm not worried at all. No Saltydog antics here.

sweet lord. how tall is that denka at heel? profile shot?

That choil shot is insane. Hot damn. Can't wait to see the rest of it.

Maybe Inzite can let us know how his edge has performed over the months/years. His I think is even thinner behind the edge and being a 240 considerably heavier. My gyuto weighs 176g

I have a seething irrational desire for a bone handled Nenox gyuto. A whole fleet of them, really.

Some beautiful knives recently. This one is inbound from Canada. My Takeda gyutos are still at the spa, but hopefully they'll be home soon...

Love this !! Will you wrap the handle with anything ?

Back