Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy crap that Tadafune is tall! How does the handle feel/ feedback?

The extra height is one of the reasons I was interested in this knife.

Some initial impressions:
  • The knife is sharp out of the box but I touched it up on a JNAT a bit to give it a finer edge. Don't think it will get as sharp as some of my other knives but it's sharp enough.
  • Handle wasn't the most comfortable when I was first holding the knife but didn't bother me once I start actually using it.
  • The edges at the heel of the knife feels a bit too sharp for my liking — will probably need to round it out a bit.
  • There is a faint hamon near the handle, which is interesting.
  • In use, it feels like a hybrid between a gyuto and a slicer chuka. It is thinner behind the edge then my CCK slicer, so it cuts through carrots with less wedging. Thrust cutting is great with this knife.
  • The knife is tall enough to scope chopped food, but still short enough to do a bit of katsuramuki.
Quite happy with it so far, especially considering the price.

A wild honyaki appears, out of no where at that. It hasn't shipped yet as I am having the kireha polished and having Ino-san bring out the hamon a little bit more.

2aMHPH1.jpg
xinrJTN.jpg
vZPZRNn.jpg
NJs6Wxr.jpg
MPppXnU.jpg

This little guy is 225mm and was forged by yoshikazu ikeda, sharpened by ino. It will be getting ikedas and ino's kanji once completed. shipping the 22nd... hoping it's here for the 27th(my birthday) I should also have a yoshikazu ikeda mizu honyaki... which will be even more special then this if you can believe it. This was also NOS being made earlier this century. Not sure I need a second usuba... but now I know I need an Ikeda honyaki deba to complete my set of single bevels :p

thats a proper Ura right there sir

I already warned the scallions at work... your day of reckoning is coming... lucky for them they don't know mjonir exists, I'd come into work and they'd off cut themselves up.

Hello All,

These 2 arrived today to my surprise (due Monday). Looking forward to putting some time in with them. Also, I have a new appreciation for your choil shots! Takes the right light and whatnot with a phone.

Watanabe 240 Ku Gyuto and a Takamura 150 Petty. Had my wife in mind with the petty. It is super light, super thin, and has a pretty small handle. She seems to like all that so far. Thinnest knife in my drawer.

Attachments

• A73CA48B-A0E5-43A4-BFF0-950A67F7A242.jpeg
    A73CA48B-A0E5-43A4-BFF0-950A67F7A242.jpeg
    93.7 KB · Views: 235
  • 45A9CEC3-EBDE-4E91-A20B-7BA014BE4C54.jpeg
    45A9CEC3-EBDE-4E91-A20B-7BA014BE4C54.jpeg
    33.2 KB · Views: 250
  • CB222B11-2DE2-46B9-8B4B-C9F68E4FFE6A.jpeg
    CB222B11-2DE2-46B9-8B4B-C9F68E4FFE6A.jpeg
    28.6 KB · Views: 208
Marwin3000's post inspired me to post a couple pics from his petty's big brother. Kurosaki's Shizuku 240mm gyuto. The pics aren't that good but the knife is.

Hello All,

These 2 arrived today to my surprise (due Monday). Looking forward to putting some time in with them. Also, I have a new appreciation for your choil shots! Takes the right light and whatnot with a phone.

Watanabe 240 Ku Gyuto and a Takamura 150 Petty. Had my wife in mind with the petty. It is super light, super thin, and has a pretty small handle. She seems to like all that so far. Thinnest knife in my drawer.

Congrats. You will love that Watanabe

Awesome looking Rader, do you know what steel he's using for the 5 steel damscus?

A wild honyaki appears, out of no where at that. It hasn't shipped yet as I am having the kireha polished and having Ino-san bring out the hamon a little bit more.

2aMHPH1.jpg
xinrJTN.jpg
vZPZRNn.jpg
NJs6Wxr.jpg
MPppXnU.jpg

This little guy is 225mm and was forged by yoshikazu ikeda, sharpened by ino. It will be getting ikedas and ino's kanji once completed. shipping the 22nd... hoping it's here for the 27th(my birthday) I should also have a yoshikazu ikeda mizu honyaki... which will be even more special then this if you can believe it. This was also NOS being made earlier this century. Not sure I need a second usuba... but now I know I need an Ikeda honyaki deba to complete my set of single bevels :p
Beautiful indeed sir

So many nice knives as usual, blanket like from me as usual too...

The Kurosaki petty and Rader gyuto really stand out to me, though that Ikeda honyaki usuba will probably be epic after the finish polish is completed...

My two latest purchases:

Xerxes Knives SC125 Gyuto Ultra Laser
KMS Custom M390 Big Santoku Laser

If you want to know more details let me know.

gsb1jeu.jpg

Damn the curves on that Santoku just look like a lady dancing to Espacito

Back