Significant other giving me grief...Not messy at all, right?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would your significant other get angry about this type of untidiness?

• Nah, they would be encouraging/understanding and wouldn’t mind at all, it’s not even a big mess!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Drayquan

Reaction score
Some of us don’t have an official “workshop” area. The garage is damp and gloomy. The kitchen is nice and comfortable though!!

Just another night before shutting down.
I’ll “usually” clear most of this off and away, but the odd time I’ll be too tied to clean up. No big deal, right?
8dpaZyF.jpg

Last edited:
I make all the mess I want, as long as I clear it before anyone else needs the space. And I typically get up first and make breakfast anyway :)

Definitely not into people who ***** about other people's lack of 'neatness' unless it unless it impacts other who need to use the space. Chances are the 'bitcher' has less then optimum habits as well.

I don't have a garage for a workshop or anything, what I do have is a table in my spare bedroom for sharpening, making handles, and anything car related that I need to work on. It looks fairly cluttered but it's just full, my wife's actually pretty good about it, I only hear about it when she's angry about something else.

Mine never gave me grief but she did feel sorry for me having to clear the island all the time only to set back up again a while later. So ..... she bought me one of these, it's mobile but has now found a semi-permanent home in the kitchen corner where I can work, look out the picture widow into the yard and can leave it looking anyway I want with no effect on anything else. Now it has a permanent shelf on the left side for permasoak stones, a drying rack for stone storage on the right side and a pond with bridge in the middle ......
GzdoGRt.jpg

My wife gave me the garage for my workshop 38 years ago and I keep her car covered with new car covers continuously when needed. I also don't leave messes inside the house. When I do some cooking or sharpening in the kitchen I clean up after myself after I finish. We have been married going on 53 years so it works for us (and she doesn't leave any messes in my shop).

Mine never gave me grief but she did feel sorry for me having to clear the island all the time only to set back up again a while later. So ..... she bought me one of these, it's mobile but has now found a semi-permanent home in the kitchen corner where I can work, look out the picture widow into the yard and can leave it looking anyway I want with no effect on anything else. Now it has a permanent shelf on the left side for permasoak stones, a drying rack for stone storage on the right side and a pond with bridge in the middle ......
GzdoGRt.jpg
Nice! That's a great idea. Can you post a photo of your set up please?

Nice! That's a great idea. Can you post a photo of your set up please?

Soakers on a shelf off the bench on the left side .....
695jRg8.jpg

Stones on the right side of the bench, others located on the bottom wire shelf (not seen) ...
w0Atv5I.jpg

Pond with bridge and stone holder .......
9NfPr4W.jpg

Everything else is in the drawer, two side compartments and on the lower wire shelf. On the lower wire shelf I use 1/2 sheet pans to slide in and out.

Back