• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Simon Maillet 240x55 gyuto 26C3 with mild steel cladding

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All,

Selling a Simon mallet that I got in trade. Just continuing to do a house cleaning of knives to keep things moving. This is a really nice Low bevel cutter, It has good taper and I really like how short the tip of the knife is for more precise work if you want to use it that way. It is fairly thick out of the handle (4.77mm) edges aren't rounded but still very comfortable. I'd say this is a pretty perfect mid-weight knife with, in my opinion, a perfect profile.

I am the second owner, previous owner had never used it. I have never sharpened it and only used it a few times. I do not intend to do price drops on this, so if it doesn't sell I'll just keep it. 🤷‍♂️.

Price: $475 $450 425 shipped CONUS.

(Original sales link)
Specs:
Length: ~242 mm
Height: 55 mm
Weight: 203
Steel: 26C3 core
Balance point is: above the pinch grip. Very nice forward balance since the knife isn't too heavy so it doesn't feel awkward.
Out of the heel - 4.77mm
Condition: lightly used, never sharpened, has been stropped with diamond compound.

Attachments

• IMG_3005.JPG
    IMG_3005.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3006.JPG
    IMG_3006.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3007.JPG
    IMG_3007.JPG
  • IMG_3008.JPG
    IMG_3008.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3009.JPG
    IMG_3009.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3010.JPG
    IMG_3010.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3011.JPG
    IMG_3011.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3012.JPG
    IMG_3012.JPG
  • IMG_3013.JPG
    IMG_3013.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3014.JPG
    IMG_3014.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
No problem :). let me know if you want another angle or anything. I can also do updated photos and things soon. I have a new phone!

And can confirm this knife does not have any low spots or issues that have been mentioned in other threads. Very clean knife.

Attachments

• tempImageRAb1sa.png
    tempImageRAb1sa.png
    6.6 MB · Views: 0
  • tempImageIleD5h.png
    tempImageIleD5h.png
    6.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3056.JPG
    IMG_3056.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3057.JPG
    IMG_3057.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
That was fast! Thanks. Phones working well - nicely done
Sorry clarification I will have a new phone. I have it in my possession but haven't set it up yet and waiting to do it until I have the case and everything. I used my crappier work phone so it has a camera from like.... 5 phone iterations past. Should have some better photos in the next week or so.

And can confirm this knife does not have any low spots or issues that have been mentioned in other threads.
I think I have become the living embodiment of you either die a hero or live long enough to become the villain 🤦‍♂️

GLWS, I probably would have grabbed this myself if it was slightly less pointy!

Back