Stefan's Stefan's Handle Gallery

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's Brian's brand new Zakuri with a brand new Stefan handle installed....

P1010002.JPG

P1010004.JPG

P1010007.JPG

P1010010.JPG

Yeah and the spine/choil on this knife is all rounded and polished up nicely too, came from Jon that way.

Here's a shiny 177mm (7") Carter gyuto with it's new Stefan D-shaped handle in amboyna.....

P1010018.JPG

P1010022.JPG

P1010019.JPG

P1010026.JPG

P1010027.JPG

P1010029.JPG

P1010030.JPG

P1010037.JPG

Pm me on pricing would like to buy one or two ASAP

Stefan Has recently moved across country and started a new job. I don't believe he is making handles or has a shop setup.

Thanks, that is the situation. I will move to a larger place mid-April, and I am thinking about setting up a new shop there. I probably will not be able to do this quickly unless I find a few 'investors' to buy replacements for a few tools that I left behind. I am thinking about taking on a few discounted but prepaid orders for that, but first I still have to clean up some of the mess I caused toward the end of last year with my old orders. Working on that...

Stefan

Ok let me know when u can start i am ready when u are for 3-5 of them ty u so much

Thanks, that is the situation. I will move to a larger place mid-April, and I am thinking about setting up a new shop there. I probably will not be able to do this quickly unless I find a few 'investors' to buy replacements for a few tools that I left behind. I am thinking about taking on a few discounted but prepaid orders for that, but first I still have to clean up some of the mess I caused toward the end of last year with my old orders. Working on that...

Stefan

You know I'm still interested ;)... happy to help get things going when you are ready

Stefan's back in action with an ironwood handle mounted to a Shigefusa yanagiba.

(Please excuse the dust...stuff is blowing all around outside today) :O

P1010005.JPG

P1010014.JPG

P1010019.JPG

Thanks Dave. Yup, desert ironwood burl & red bakelite spacer. Ferrule looks like blackwood - you really expect me to remember what I used ;)? One of the 'old' ones I am still working on getting out.

Stefan

Stefan / Dave, it looks freaking awesome! Can hardly wait to get it back.

This is one my favorite handles from Stefan. I'm sure it was one of the most expensive and luxurious back at it's time (the early days). The knife is owned by Bob "Octaveman" whom some may remember from both KF and Fred's forums.

Just thought I'd share.... :)

Dragon1.JPG

One thing I like about the handle is why I'd call the inverse spacer (thicker end pieces than the centre piece, seem to more commonly see it the other way). That engraving is pretty cool too… looking at the pics takes me back to my KKF lurker days.

One of my fave Stefan handles that first had me interested in customs was one of the Blackwood or Ebony with nickel-silver and turquoise or lapis lazuli spacer. I've seen several iterations of these materials and it served as inspiration for some of my requests. Let's see if I can link…
attachment.php

I think things must be busy at the university right now being the start of the academic year. Looking forward to seeing more additions to the gallery.

Yea, we think alike :cool2:. I believe Stefan's gallery was the first thing I discovered on KKF after Gator at zknives mentioned all his Stefan handles. Eventual google searches for various knife related topics kept bringing me back… now here I am

This is one my favorite handles from Stefan. I'm sure it was one of the most expensive and luxurious back at it's time (the early days). The knife is owned by Bob "Octaveman" whom some may remember from both KF and Fred's forums.

Just thought I'd share.... :)

That is stellar, is that a watanabe?

Are the Stefan Handles still made and sold? If so, where can I go about ordering one? Cheers from Denmark

I am semi-dormant right now. Still have all intentions of starting up again, but need to address old orders first and coordinate with my new, more challeging day job. So, until further notice, no new orders. If you really are interested, checking back in January would be a good idea.

Stefan

I am semi-dormant right now. Still have all intentions of starting up again, but need to address old orders first and coordinate with my new, more challeging day job. So, until further notice, no new orders. If you really are interested, checking back in January would be a good idea.

Stefan

Thanks for the reply, I'll get back to you for my next knife purchase :doublethumbsup:

Latest posts

Back