Stone I bought on Amazon japan

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
After reading the "english" translation, I couldn't resist since, apparently the company seems to be the one that makes the awesome Kitayama. Here's what they said about this stone:

Applications during the grinding wheel
It is a new type of ceramic grinding wheel that is bound by the material two special abrasive firing technique. Excellent polishing power and durability! Helicopter was hateful to!
Feature in the grinding wheel, by different abrasive bond, artificial grindstone of pattern never seen until now realize
Size 205 × 75 × 30mm

Here's the orginal Japanese and so if someone can tell me what exactly I bought, that would be awesome :)

用途 中砥石
材質 2つの特殊研磨剤焼成技術により結合させた 新しいタイプのセラミック系砥石です。優れた研磨力と耐久性!減りににくい!
特徴 中砥石、異なる研磨剤結合により、今まで見たことのない模様の人造砥石が実現
サイズ205×75×30mm

As requested :)

stone I bought.jpg

Whatever you do, don't take it with you should you ever have to fly in a helicopter ... :nono:

Hateful helicopters - nice! :lol2:

That bit I think is directed at people who find sharpening a drag, and so 減りににくい! unfortunately has nothing to do with helicopters but means that with this stone you will endure less hassle (presumably because the stone sharpens quickly, or because it's durable and doesn't wear and dish as much). Aside from that, I think if you look at the rest of what it says above as a whole you get the overall message.

Hey thanks Asteger, now that I know which word was mistranslated, I tried it on Google translate, it came out as "The hateful to decrease" which is kind of poetic if you think about it.

Is this the company that makes the awesome Kitayama? I was also wondering what grit it was, I'm guessing 3k or maybe even a little finer. I'm also assuming it is splash and go because "the hateful to decrease" :)

Hey thanks Asteger, now that I know which word was mistranslated, I tried it on Google translate, it came out as "The hateful to decrease" which is kind of poetic if you think about it.

Is this the company that makes the awesome Kitayama? I was also wondering what grit it was, I'm guessing 3k or maybe even a little finer. I'm also assuming it is splash and go because "the hateful to decrease" :)

Soaking stone... 1k

Thanks Jon, I'm trying to cancel it, I have not much interested in yet another 1k soaking stone, have plenty of good ones in that grit range. Was hoping it was a splash and go >= 3k stone!

I meant to put a smiley face in there somewhere but have missed my opportunity to edit. :whistling:

Back