Recipe Requested Stroganoff recipe please

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lazarus

Reaction score
Does anyone have an interesting stroganoff recipe that's seasoned with more than salt and pepper? There's a Russian place called the Pom in SAN Diego that has the best stroganoff I've ever had, it's seasoned in a funky way and I haven't been able to identify or replicate.

Paprika, mustard, sour cream, chives, parsly.....and I add some truffle at the end as I only make it occasionally

edit, Cayenne pepper for some heat

Adding some vodka (or cognac) to flambé helps, drinking it straight up during dinner works too!

Adding some vodka (or cognac) to flambé helps, drinking it straight up during dinner works too!
People don't serve a glass of vodka along with dark beer and dark bread with stroganoff? :pI religiously do the cognac/dijon/creme fraiche for it, I've tried about every herb known to mankind, I always skimped spices probably to my disservice.

if it's seasoned 'funky' my best bet is they add truffle oil....the petroleum distillate version....

if it's seasoned 'funky' my best bet is they add truffle oil....the petroleum distillate version....
It's Def not truffled, I always thought it was an herb, my first attempt to clone was heavy on thyme and then tarragon. Tarragon was close ish.

Jamie Oliver has a Venison Stroganoff recipe that includes (of course with the venison) juniper. I’ve made it with beef and added the juniper all the same and thought it was still a fantastic rendition. So…juniper?

Jamie Oliver has a Venison Stroganoff recipe that includes (of course with the venison) juniper. I’ve made it with beef and added the juniper all the same and thought it was still a fantastic rendition. So…juniper?
Interesting! Worth a try also!

Tarragon and mustard sounds close, creme fraiche is also a must. Ground coriander is also an option. Paprika will make it more of a goulash.

I worked for an Austrian chef that had a good version.

He liked to use a splash of vodka for the brightness it brought to the table (think vodka penne), shallots, veal demi, and more creme fraiche than you think (malic acid).

I remember him being partial to montreal pepper blends for the steak, as well.

my idea of a good time?

fried shallots over the top, brined green peppercorns, maybe a small hit of some kinda pickled chile, **** ton of chervil.

Latest posts

Back