D. Martell Summer School 2012

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just wanted to say thanks to all of you who came out to the class today and endured the heat with us, you are some dedicated sharpeners for sure.

Thanks! :)

Lots of fun, very informative, and great to put some faces to names. A great time was had by me, and all others by the looks of them. Thanks Dave!

The thing about a good teacher, besides the passion to to do things right, is just the opportunity to pick up on the non-verbal stuff. It was great to watch the smoothness and control of the motions, have the opportunity to ask questions, and hear the thoughts that don't always make it onto a forum. Thanks for the class. It was nice to meet some of the folks again and some new ones but I missed a couple down at the other end of the table. Was that you, JMac...I wanted to say hey. I'm looking forward to another class - not going is not an option.

Hello All.
I just signed up to the forum this morning as I felt guilty admitting to everyone At Daves's sharpening class that I was a lurker. The class was great, as well as all fellow knife enthusiasts that attended. Thank you Dave for your patience in answering all my questions. I only wish I had more knives to have been able to sharpen. I am sure you all will help me with that issue in days to come. I also wanted to thank Ben and Homegirl for letting me use their diamonds to condition my stone with.
George

Welcome to the top side of the Knut House!

Hi George: Nice to work with you at school and happy to see you on the board

Ben

Dave, again i want to say thanks for having this class. I really enjoyed your criticism, to what i though was good was not. Making me strive harder to to get that sharper edge. Going back to rethink my technique, angle of approach, and focusing on not wobbling. This class made me a better sharpener.
Also i really appreciate the extra time you spent teaching me about single bevels. I got to use the deba today. Only cut 1 36# halibut and 2 small thai snappers. I had to stop cutting fish today, to stop and have a couple meetings. I give you some more feedback on that knife when i get some more fish to cut this week.

It was also great meeting you all. Seth, that was me. Feel as thou, the one side of the table didn't really meet the other.

Julian

Hi Julian, it was my pleasure to share some time with you on Saturday. I hope that the deba is holding out for you OK, I'm not sure about that one. :)

Back