• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Tadafusa Aogami 2 180mm Gyuto - PRICE DROP

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HumbleHomeCook

Embrace your knifesculinity!
Staff member
Global Moderators
KKF Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
First, please dismiss the date in my pics. I know it's the 28th. I didn't think I'd have time to list this until tomorrow but my plans changed and I'm not re-taking all the pics. :)

Second, in full disclosure, this is my first time selling but I have no desire to screw over my reputation or any of you. Just mentioning it in case I have any kind of hiccup. I don't expect to but wouldn't want to freak anyone out.

- Sale is for the USA.
- Price is shipped.
- Payment via Paypal. I don't even know how to switch to F&F so please don't ask.
- I reserve the right to refuse sale to anyone.
- It would be nice to post "I'll take it" in this thread but not required. Either way, details will be worked out via KKF PM.

PRICE: $95USD Let's try $85USD

Originally purchased at Epic Edge:
https://www.epicedge.com/shopexd.asp?id=95571&bc=no
Respectfully used and sharpened. A light, nimble, no frills but good performing knife. EE describes the cladding as "low carbon steel" and I've had no issues with it.

h6XwElq.jpg

25YjVMz.jpg

mcO5aN9.jpg

XqdU8ou.jpg

yaC7JAj.jpg

f1vWQzO.jpg

pAJBROF.jpg

eGiZtAf.jpg

yZUO7pp.jpg

Last edited:
Perhaps you should supply current heel height for the folks?

It's been lightly sharpened and I think only twice and no thinning. Very little material removal from how it came.

Had a bit of hard time getting a decent pic but it's right around 41.5mm or 1.63".

fSngd0W.jpg

HHC can you take a pic showing the grind? Good ole choil shot, perhaps? At the price this is probably an excellent project knife at a mininum.

Busy day but I'll to try remember later. I suck at choil shots though. :rolleyes:

Also, the choil profile on this guy is a bit misleading. It looks a little fat one side (forget which just now) but it's just a hammer mark. The grind isn't bulged, just the material right at that spot. Nothing significant but when you look closely it can be misleading. I hope that makes sense.

HHC can you take a pic showing the grind? Good ole choil shot, perhaps? At the price this is probably an excellent project knife at a mininum.

Okay, I warned ya that I suck at choil shots. :p

zKYAMQL.jpg

Notice the bump about mid blade on what is the right of the picture but the blade's left side. That isn't the grind and is a "bulge" from the hammer finish. You can see smaller one another further down (as pictured).

It's from this here:
Kn5Ma5j.jpg

When you run your finger over it, you can feel the swelling or bulge at the choil. This was my first lesson that choil shots can sometimes be misleading. At first glance, I thought this had a left hand grind bias but it does not. Everything "smooths" out past that mark.

Great deal, solid and good knife here. Again wrong side of the water for me.

And also 180>>>>>>>>>>>210

I hear thick pork chops and screaming hot sausages calling out to this little fellow - let's not disappoint them - I'll buy the the knife, nothing tastes worse than an unhappy pork chop...

How much to ship to darkest North Carolina, and how best to do the deal?

Cheers
Jim

Since you're both new to bst, here's the quick primer.

TJ send pm to OK, saying I'll take it (or some such) and ask for his PP addy. OK replies with PP addy and notes that knife is SPF. TJ sends funds through PP (or other agreed to method) and includes shipping addy. OK receives funds and ships knife. TJ receives knife and all is well.

Then repeat. Many times.

I hear thick pork chops and screaming hot sausages calling out to this little fellow - let's not disappoint them - I'll buy the the knife, nothing tastes worse than an unhappy pork chop...

How much to ship to darkest North Carolina, and how best to do the deal?

Cheers
Jim

Yep, what @daveb said. Shoot me a PM. Price shown is all in.

I'll go ahead and mark this as SPF for now.

Back