• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Takada no Hamono $280 240mm

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
9199260F-D965-4508-9D24-46046676C20A.jpeg

Last edited:
Bump and price drop to $340 shipped. Retails for $475. Sharpened 3 times. Little patina which I can remove but otherwise looks like a knife that’s seen hardly any use at all
I am shocked that this is still here. Gyutos, especially ones in 240mm, from Takada no Hamono seem to always be out of stock at retailers and are generally hard to get. I have a Kikuchiyo Yohei (Takada) gyuto in ginsan that I very much enjoy using, and this knife looks very similar (obviously not the steel or cladding). The grind is great, offering a smooth cutting feel with good food release for its thinness (I think), and the profile is really nice (at least for me). GLWS!

FYI it is pretty easy (and doesn't have to be super expensive) to re-handle a knife like this if you just don't like the handle.

Back